Isn't it about time we create a sticky (like in the Sub Woofer forum) for best speakers at X price? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
As with the subwoofer forum we get asked daily for recommendations for speakers on "X" budget.

Not to say the thread in the Subwoofer forum has killed this request but it helps to reference that thead.

If one of you more established contributors could start such a thread it may allow the forum to address other topics of interest to all of us...

biggrin.gif You know what they say about volunteering!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM

Liked: 16
Best from whose perspective? I guess you haven't learned the difference between subjective versus objective from that other thread?
Billy p likes this.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 231
As I recall, you were one of the people asking for recommendations just a few months ago. Seems a bit hypocritical to now complain about such threads. wink.gif

Although the forums do get cluttered with recommendation threads, I personally hate the giant threads (see the Audyssey thread for example).
Billy p likes this.
post #4 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM

I still ask for recommendations but have learned right on this forum that speakers are very subjective. I have also learned here that for the most part people push brands they own and personally there is nothing wrong with that. But how do you come to a pair of speakers at a specific price point which would satisfy everyone?
post #5 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I think the point is, a couple times EVERY day, someone comes on here and says "I want a a full 5.1 speaker system and I have (500, 1000, 1,500, 2,000) dollars to spend, who can recommend a speaker or speaker system"!
If we had a couple threads titled "best 5.1 speaker system under 1,000", etc and people can post their opinions in that thread, then a newbie, like I was 3 years ago, can go to that thread and look at people's opinions and recommendations! And of course people push the brands they own or have owned, that is the only brand they know well! I will recommend EMP or Def Tech SM speakers for certain budgets, becuase I can say with certainty that those speakers sound good for the money! I have also owned Bose, Polk M and Pioneer AJ speakers, but don't recommend those as I was less pleased with their performance.
And even an AV enthusiast with a mediocre knowledge of speakers, like myself, can use the threads when we are considering an upgrade. My next purchase might benefit form a "Best speaker system for 3000 or less" thread!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #6 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 02:02 PM

I see what you're saying. My point was that when you say "the Best speakers at $1500" for example, wouldn't you offend people who do not own that best pair at a specific price point and the thread would become useless at that point because people would start arguing, no?
post #7 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM

Liked: 11
I sure would have liked to read a thread like that but hopefully it would be of people opinion along with reasoning of why they think it is better or best.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post

Best from whose perspective? I guess you haven't learned the difference between subjective versus objective from that other thread?

Why don't you go look at the subwoofer thread...that way you can answer your own question.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page