Which combo set up is better?only polk user and lover..... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
which one is better combo?room 14*18...distance from front speaker 10-12 ft.....reciver yamaha rx v 671 90watt 8 ohm...

1) rtiA3(Front)
csiA6(center)
tsi100(surround)
DSW550 pro

2)rtiA5(Front)
csiA4(center)
tsi100(surround)
PSW125

Can't afford dsw series woofer and A6 with A5....only go for that if my front isA3..2 nd system does cost little more....but will 2nd system is better...movies 60%music 40%...thanks

another 3rd option is there.....
3) rtiA5(Front)
csiA6(center)
tsi100(surround)

in that case..can't really affoard any subwoofer now..in near future..probably 1 years later..dsw550/psw125....but in 10-12 ft distance will A6 gonna make any huge difference than A4?
Sagar7877 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 8,451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 318
What is your MAX speaker budget?

There are better options than Polk.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #3 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
actaully I already have tsi100 from polk..which will go ti surround...so I am leaning towards polk...
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #4 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
macfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fenton, Michigan
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

What is your MAX speaker budget?

There are better options than Polk.


HUH? There are? You could never convince me of that. I love my Polks. Each to their own I guess. That is why they make both chocolate and vanilla.
macfan is offline  
post #5 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
XStanleyX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,690
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1262

I'd go with option 3 and start saving for a better sub. You'll survive without a sub for awhile and be happier in the end.


Denon AVR4311CI
Magnepan 2.7QR's w/ MGCC3 Center
(2) Polk RT15i
(2) Sonotube Subs with 18" Stereo Integrity D4 Drivers
Behringer NU3000 & NU4-6000 Amps
Panasonic DMP-BDP210 - Projector: BenQ W1070
Panamax M5400-PM
60" Samsung TV
WDTV Live & Minix Neo X7
Some audio history: https://skydrive.live.c...
XStanleyX is offline  
post #6 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

which one is better combo?room 14*18...distance from front speaker 10-12 ft.....reciver yamaha rx v 671 90watt 8 ohm...

1) rtiA3(Front)
csiA6(center)
tsi100(surround)
DSW550 pro

2)rtiA5(Front)
csiA4(center)
tsi100(surround)
PSW125

Can't afford dsw series woofer and A6 with A5....only go for that if my front isA3..2 nd system does cost little more....but will 2nd system is better...movies 60%music 40%...thanks

another 3rd option is there.....
3) rtiA5(Front)
csiA6(center)
tsi100(surround)

in that case..can't really affoard any subwoofer now..in near future..probably 1 years later..dsw550/psw125....but in 10-12 ft distance will A6 gonna make any huge difference than A4?

I would go with option 1 but i would choose another sub. How much are you paying for the DSW550 pro?
Badouri is offline  
post #7 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
if you have a frys near buy you can pickt up on some polk rti line speakers for cheap. rti12 for 299.00 each! those will have plenty of bass until you can afford s better sub.
basshead81 is offline  
post #8 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am from India..there are not much option for subwoofer..no BIC..only yamaha,polk..not even klip....so have go for dsw pro 550.......I am confused 90 watt is enough for rti A5?will they work nicely?will I get massive difference in sound quality in that wattage among rti A3 and RTi A5?
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #9 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

I am from India..there are not much option for subwoofer..no BIC..only yamaha,polk..not even klip....so have go for dsw pro 550.......I am confused 90 watt is enough for rti A5?will they work nicely?will I get massive difference in sound quality in that wattage among rti A3 and RTi A5?

yes 90 watts will drive those speakers fine since they are fairly sensitive @90db.

that means 1 watt will produce 90db sound and doubling the amp power will increase output 3db

2watts=93db
4=96
8=99
16=102
32=105
64=108
128=111
256=115
basshead81 is offline  
post #10 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
not only the loudness...I mean to say soundspace and clarity...I will buy dsw 550 later ..and then only upper frequency of 80Hz will be payed by RTiA5.So..in a 18*14 room...10-12 ft listening distance from front speaker..A3 or A5?
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #11 of 33 Old 04-28-2013, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
also..noty much space for A6..if I go for A4..will that be o k ..with A5....alos..listening distance is 10ft..so A6 probably to bright..
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #12 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 04:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

not only the loudness...I mean to say soundspace and clarity...I will buy dsw 550 later ..and then only upper frequency of 80Hz will be payed by RTiA5.So..in a 18*14 room...10-12 ft listening distance from front speaker..A3 or A5?

You are wasting your money with the RTiA5 if set to small with a 80Hz crossover setting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

also..noty much space for A6..if I go for A4..will that be o k ..with A5....alos..listening distance is 10ft..so A6 probably to bright..

CSiA6 does not sound "brighter" than CSiA4.
Badouri is offline  
post #13 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I mena to say..because distance is so little 10ft..probably A4 will be sufficient..also...what crossover should I fix with rti A5 in front?or if I add sub woofer dsw 550 that can go 23hz in low..in that case will I need rti A5?or rti A3 will sufficient?
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #14 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

I mena to say..because distance is so little 10ft..probably A4 will be sufficient..also...what crossover should I fix with rti A5 in front?or if I add sub woofer dsw 550 that can go 23hz in low..in that case will I need rti A5?or rti A3 will sufficient?

I would buy RTiA3 and DSWpro550
Badouri is offline  
post #15 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
 
kevon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman View Post

What is your MAX speaker budget?

There are better options than Polk.

And how do you define better? Speaker sound quality is a subjective thing.
kevon27 is offline  
post #16 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

And how do you define better? Speaker sound quality is a subjective thing.

nevermind him, he says that in every thread across the board.
basshead81 is offline  
post #17 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
Newbie
 
butterlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

You are wasting your money with the RTiA5 if set to small with a 80Hz crossover setting.

Why do you say that? I thought small would be the appropriate setting for these since they don't go *that* low. And what would be an ideal crossover for a set up like this?
butterlord is offline  
post #18 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Dan Hitchman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Northern Colorado
Posts: 8,451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

And how do you define better? Speaker sound quality is a subjective thing.

Not thin sounding, as in more full, dynamic, punchy, louder with less distortion, more realistic recreation of instruments and vocals, etc. etc.

Listen up, studios! Just say "NO" to DNR and EE!!
Dan Hitchman is offline  
post #19 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterlord View Post

Why do you say that? I thought small would be the appropriate setting for these since they don't go *that* low. And what would be an ideal crossover for a set up like this?

Did you read the whole thread?
Badouri is offline  
post #20 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Newbie
 
butterlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

Did you read the whole thread?

Yes. Would a simple explanation or expansion of your advice be so out of the question? Not everyone has the same knowledge level as you, and just reading "x is so stupid." without anything further is unhelpful. Spread the knowledge, right?
butterlord is offline  
post #21 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
lol....still did not get the answear ..for rti A5 what crossover frequency?and rti A5 can be driven by 671 properly?
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #22 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 07:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,018
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 379
If you have a subwoofer you can generally set the crossover to 80hz for your front speakers. you can also try 60hz if you'd like. just experiment and see which way you like better.

The yamaha 671 should have no problem with the Polk speakers, especially since you have a powered sub handling the low frequencies.

Afro GT
afrogt is online now  
post #23 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

What expired crack are you smoking? When did it ever make a comment like that?
Wrong person dude.

i was telling you to nevermind Dan Hitchman....I take it comprehension is not your strong suit?
basshead81 is offline  
post #24 of 33 Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

lol....still did not get the answear ..for rti A5 what crossover frequency?and rti A5 can be driven by 671 properly?


the 671 will drive the a5's fine, what more do you need to know? My 773 drives my A7's past reference levels cleanly. set crossover to 60-80hz as mentioned above, or you might try leaving them set large/full range.
basshead81 is offline  
post #25 of 33 Old 04-30-2013, 05:07 AM
Senior Member
 
Badouri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

lol....still did not get the answear ..for rti A5 what crossover frequency?

Does the Yamaha RX-V671 have a global crossover setting? (same for all speakers) If so, you need to consider all speakers in the system.
Badouri is offline  
post #26 of 33 Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badouri View Post

Does the Yamaha RX-V671 have a global crossover setting? (same for all speakers) If so, you need to consider all speakers in the system.

yes it does...one crossover setting applies to all speakers.
basshead81 is offline  
post #27 of 33 Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
kevon27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

i was telling you to nevermind Dan Hitchman....I take it comprehension is not your strong suit?

Okay.. I apologize for jumping the gun..
kevon27 is offline  
post #28 of 33 Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevon27 View Post

Okay.. I apologize for jumping the gun..


No problem! we all misread things at times and I am by no means perfect. But yea you will see Dan hates Polk. He knocks them in every thread Polk is mentioned.
basshead81 is offline  
post #29 of 33 Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Sagar7877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I made my mind.it will be rti A5..little confused about center...will A4 be enough?or should I go for A6?10ft distance (only) , little space and 90watt (little power) rx-v 671 pushing me towards A4.But extra space and bucks if really pays differnece I will go for A6...any thought???
Sagar7877 is offline  
post #30 of 33 Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 5,739
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar7877 View Post

I made my mind.it will be rti A5..little confused about center...will A4 be enough?or should I go for A6?10ft distance (only) , little space and 90watt (little power) rx-v 671 pushing me towards A4.But extra space and bucks if really pays differnece I will go for A6...any thought???

here is my setup:

yamaha 773
Polk rti-a7 fronts
csi-a4 center
rti-4 surrounds
Dual Power Sound Audio XV15 subs

The yamaha drives these speakers to reference levels 105db+ with ease @ 15.8ft. the a4 center is plenty! i listed a chart of how much power it takes to drive 90db sensitive speakers vs spl with little to no distortion. the sound is clean crisp and has a excellent soundstage.
basshead81 is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off