***4/29 PM UPDATE***Bought 2 Polk New Monitor 75Ts for $360. Now deciding on which Center speaker to buy.
Which should I choose: Polk C25 or a CS2? Or should I just buy whichever one is currently on sale?
I just received $480 today for my birthday, and I did't expect to get anywhere near that much. So, I have decided to spend it all on speakers for my surround sound system:D
I am upgrading from a cheap HTiB (Sony STR-K790 http://www.docs.sony.com/release/HTDDW790.pdf
). A couple weeks ago I bought an Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver, and last night I ordered a Klipsch RW-12d subwoofer.
So, now all I need is a Center, Left & Right Fronts, and a pair of satellites. But I don't really know how I should spend my money.
I was thinking ~$300 for the L&R Fronts, ~$100 for the Center, and ~$100 for the pair of rear speakers. Does that sound about right? If not, what do you think is the best way to spend the $500 on the speakers I need.
Should I spend all the money on just the fronts and center, and just use 2 (or 4) of the satellites from my Sony STR-K790 until I can afford to spend more?
How do I ensure that I am pairing speakers together properly (Noob)?I also would really appreciate your recommendations for speakers that are a good value for my price range.Information about my situation:
- Room = 10' x 20' (TV is on the wide wall)
- I am only interested in getting the best possible performance for my money. I do not care at all what they look like, or if they are big and bulky. I don't want to spend any extra money on a speaker because it looks cool, or is compact. If they perform, I'll find a place for them in my room.
- Uses: 70% Videos, 20% Music, 10% GamesParts I already own
- Receiver = Onkyo TX-NR515
- Subwoofer = Klipsch RW-12d
Thanks in advance.