Klipsch RF 52 and RF 52 II - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am looking into getting some Klipsch speakers and am wondering how much of a difference is there between the two speakers? Is it merely cosmetic like how Polks Monitor/Tsi line gets renamed or are there audible differences?

I currently own some Energy speakers and am quite pleased with them. That being said after listening to the Klipsch at Best Buy, Pioneer FS52 towers, and the Energy RC-70's I can safely say that I really prefer the sound of Klipsch. Are there any other speaker manufacturers which have a similar sound to Klipsch? Also if anyone has ever auditioned the RF-52's what were your impressions since what I heard were the Klipsch KF line and not the RF line.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
The difference between the Gen IV and Mk II series is not only cosmetic but also the completely new drivers and crossover network. The tweeter on the Mk II has linear travel suspension trickled down from their flagship Palladium line (that's their jargon which is supposed to reduce distortion).

Have you looked into the RF-62 II? IMO, the 62's are a lot better than the 52's for a little more money.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaux View Post

... but also the completely new drivers and crossover network. The tweeter on the Mk II has linear travel suspension trickled down from their flagship Palladium line (that's their jargon which is supposed to reduce distortion).

I bet that's marketing and there is very little difference in their sound. Fwiw, When the Reference II came out a guy wanted 3 RF-62s across the front and found when they sent him his 3rd one it was from the new series--he called Klipsch CS and they said he shouldn't be able to tell the difference and he reported back that he couldn't.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 52 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page