Advice needed for a 7.1 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi everyone. I just bought a Denon 1912 receiver and now am looking at how I want to set up my 7.1. Currently I have a pair of Sony F5000 tower speakers as main R&L, a pair of Sony B1000 for rear R&L and a handmade center. Should I just get another pair of B1000's for the 6th and 7th channel, or is worth getting another set of the tower speakers for the rears, and use the B1000 for the side speakers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2013, 10:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 415
is your room properly setup for a 7.1 configuration?

Do you have a good subwoofer because that is way more importantly than adding two surround speakers.

Afro GT
post #3 of 3 Old 04-29-2013, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I bought the new receiver because my wife and I will be buying our first home in about 3-4months and I would like the right equipment when we get there. The room is properly set up for 7.1 however at the moment I can't add a subwoofer because I am in an apartment. I do have a 250W subwoofer plate amplifier from partsexpress that I will be using to build my own subwoofer once we get there though. The part I'm lacking is the 6th and 7th speakers.

My setup right now is about a 11' viewing distance from a 124" screen using an Optoma HD20. Denon 1912 Receiver. 2x Sony F5000 front R&L, 2x Sony B1000 Surrounds and a handmade center. I have about 3' behind the viewing area, and about a 14' total room width.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page