Got a question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does this sound right the front right and left speaker doing what center channel doing aka having speech like if someone in the middle of the screen doesn't matter you can hear them talking on front left center and front right does this seem normal? or is it just a bad transfer cause i notice it when watching promise-land blu-ray.I'm thinking a bad transfer cause it doesn't do it with all the movies just a few and dtv is really bad with watching stuff on like tv shows etc....

System specs
Front right and left both polk monitor 60
Center Polk audio cs2
Surround Polk audio monitor 40's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu4000 View Post

Does this sound right the front right and left speaker doing what center channel doing aka having speech like if someone in the middle of the screen doesn't matter you can hear them talking on front left center and front right does this seem normal? or is it just a bad transfer cause i notice it when watching promise-land blu-ray.I'm thinking a bad transfer cause it doesn't do it with all the movies just a few and dtv is really bad with watching stuff on like tv shows etc....

System specs
Front right and left both polk monitor 60
Center Polk audio cs2
Surround Polk audio monitor 40's

First, ensure that the broadcast is in 5.1 and not merely Dolby Digital 2.0. Although the center channel tends to do the most work on speech, often you will hear "some" dialouge through the mains.

Although, on my system, I usually hear mostly the center channel, sometimes it is the only thing you can hear on some broadcasts.

However, I would double check the settings on your AVR, and verify the broadcast format first.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I bought all this "stuff" to enjoy it!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page