Which one would be a suitable amplifier for Jamo 360 s 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

A basic question on the new Jamo 360 s 25. I am planning to setup a system with these speakers. I need to select a suitable av receiver for that.

I am eyeing a couple of models from Yamaha/Pioneer/Denon. The speakers got to be Jamo s 25 (irrevocable size restriction imposed by wife). Mirage NanoSat could have been an option, unfortunately they are not easily available in my location and service centers are non-existent.

The Jamo speakers are rated at 10 - 100 W at 8 Ohms.

The Yamaha RX-A2020 is rated at 165/210/285/405 W at 8/6/4/2 ohms (dynamic power)
The Pioneer LX-76 and LX-86 are rated at 140 W/ch (1 kHz, THD 0.08 % @ 8 ohms)
The Denon AVR-3313 is rated at 165 W at 6 Ohms.

Any suggestion/s on the above three?

As I understand from somewhere else in this forum itself, the AV receiver should be rated at somewhat higher than the speaker rating so that the receiver can easily drive the speakers.
However the showroom fellow told me that if the amp rating is higher it may damage the speakers if someone accidentally increases the volume to a very high level. Is that a possibility?

Also, any good active sub to go with this combination? All the Jamo subs seem to be very high rated (~ 300 W). Will these amplifiers be able to drive these subs or being active subs it should be handled without any issue?

Appreciate any advise on this.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2013, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi i'm looking at buying same speaker with Costco Yamaha TSR-6750WA $389.99 , any good idea for a Sub

post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2014, 01:40 AM

Question How ere the Jamo S25 speakers?

Hi,

Hope you see this in the next 21 hours

I am looking at these Jamo speakers at woot for $150. I would love the direct feedback from a fellow AVS-er. How did you like the speakers? Do they live up to the hype? The spec says 10-100 watt (continuous). Can these little toys really handle 100w?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_debashis View Post
Hi,

A basic question on the new Jamo 360 s 25. I am planning to setup a system with these speakers. I need to select a suitable av receiver for that.

I am eyeing a couple of models from Yamaha/Pioneer/Denon. The speakers got to be Jamo s 25 (irrevocable size restriction imposed by wife). Mirage NanoSat could have been an option, unfortunately they are not easily available in my location and service centers are non-existent.

The Jamo speakers are rated at 10 - 100 W at 8 Ohms.

The Yamaha RX-A2020 is rated at 165/210/285/405 W at 8/6/4/2 ohms (dynamic power)
The Pioneer LX-76 and LX-86 are rated at 140 W/ch (1 kHz, THD 0.08 % @ 8 ohms)
The Denon AVR-3313 is rated at 165 W at 6 Ohms.

Any suggestion/s on the above three?

As I understand from somewhere else in this forum itself, the AV receiver should be rated at somewhat higher than the speaker rating so that the receiver can easily drive the speakers.
However the showroom fellow told me that if the amp rating is higher it may damage the speakers if someone accidentally increases the volume to a very high level. Is that a possibility?

Also, any good active sub to go with this combination? All the Jamo subs seem to be very high rated (~ 300 W). Will these amplifiers be able to drive these subs or being active subs it should be handled without any issue?

Appreciate any advise on this.

Thanks.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalrashi View Post
Hi,

Hope you see this in the next 21 hours

I am looking at these Jamo speakers at woot for $150. I would love the direct feedback from a fellow AVS-er. How did you like the speakers? Do they live up to the hype? The spec says 10-100 watt (continuous). Can these little toys really handle 100w?

Thanks!
Hi Kalrashi,

Received the notification. I eventually ended up with the following configuration (7.1):
- Jamo 360 s25 (only surround)
- Wharfdale Obsidian floor standers for Front L/R
- Velodyne 12" sub
- Denon AVR-X2000 receiver

No issue with the power. As long as you set the cut-off freq above 150 Hz they are fine.

Drawbacks with Jamo S25:
- They are not suitable for music, pretty harsh.
- I had to open my surround back speakers, rewire them myself to make them down throwing. Without this messy jugglary, they would either be front firing or up-firing. My concealed speaker points were several feet higher than hearing level, hence I had to make them down-throwing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Debashis
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2014, 10:02 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version