klipsch chorus for b&w - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking of selling my chorus speakers, that I have had for 10 years, for B&W 386's. I am basing my decision on user reviews. I am hoping someone here has used both and can tell me if I am upgrading or I should stick with the Klipsch. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 01:21 PM

Liked: 25
Do you mean the B&W 686's or the 683's? One is a bookshelf and the other is a floor stander.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Sorry. I meant 683's.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 123

I'd suggest bringing the B&W's home first (while keeping the Klipsch) and doing a side by side.

For my money, it's a no brainer...  I'm in Kamp Klipsch.  Went to a B&W dealer and heard some of their offerings in a HT setup.  Sounded fine, no real problem with the sound.

Personally I feel my Klipsch setup is more dynamic and "larger" in sound (note I'm not saying more loud)

Aside from that, they had the B&W powered with McIntosh which means that system cost a fortune.  My wife & I were standing there and I elbowed her while nodding towards the power meters.  They were cruising around 50 watts.

If my two speakers hit 10 watts it will likely force you out of the room from the scale of sound.

Point?  I can get by with far less electronics than the B&W's so the net cost per sound (as if that is a measurement that really exists!!) is lower with the Klipsch.

Get the B&W's, try them...  and sell whatever you don't like.  I for one find it difficult to go from a very very dynamic speaker to a lessor dynamic speaker.  Then again, maybe that's just me.

post #5 of 5 Old 05-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
coytee gives good advice. I love the Klipsch Chorus speakers, they have a very dynamic sound, and are good for home theater.

I heard upscale B&W speakers, and they sounded great for music, and a very non fatiguing sound. I haven't heard
the 683's, but if you are interested (obviously) take a pair home and give them a listen. I you like them better,
then sell the Chorus, which should be an easy sell. Just my opinion,

vardo
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page