5.1 speakers to go with Polk RTi A5s? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm looking at Polk speakers. I know I'm getting RTi A5s for my front speakers for sure. I'm not necessarily going for something loud, I just want great sound quality. I'm wondering if for my center speaker I should get the CSi A6 or save a bit of money and get the CSi A4. Would the RTi A5 overpower a CSi A4?

Also, for my surrounds, I'm trying to decide between a pair of FXi A4s or FXi A6s. I'm leaning towards A4 because I think the A6s would be too bulky for where I want to put them, but would the A4s get overpowered?

My receiver can set the dB level of each speaker, could I just decrease it on the A5s and increase it on the smaller speakers to balance them out?

By the way, I have a Pioneer VSX-522-K. I may upgrade someday, but I probably won't if I don't have to. As far as I know the only thing that really appeals to me from upgrading is more HDMI ports and component ports.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 05-07-2013, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 2802
i run the csi a4 with rti a7's...my yamaha 773 does not add any gain to the center when i run ypao calibration. Kim Jasper at polk audio told me it was a good match. he only recomended the csi a6 with very large rooms and a9 speakers.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page