Definitive Setup Suggestions and Info - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-08-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking for some suggestions on upgrades or improvements on what I currently have since they are about 5 years old or so for me. As I love my Definitive products wondering if there's anything I should look into to improve my experience or upgrade on, am I out of date lol? Also some of the floor standing speakers and centers have built in subs are those suppose to be an substitute for a dedicated sub or additional? Any bad reason to have floor standing speakers and center with built in subs and a dedicated sub in a setup?

Yamaha RX-V665
1x Definitive Super Cube III
1x Definitive CLR2002
2x Definitive BP8
4x Definitive BP1.2X

Room info: 14x14, hardwood floors no carpet, 10ft ceilings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzibit190 View Post

Looking for some suggestions on upgrades or improvements on what I currently have since they are about 5 years old or so for me. As I love my Definitive products wondering if there's anything I should look into to improve my experience or upgrade on, am I out of date lol? Also some of the floor standing speakers and centers have built in subs are those suppose to be an substitute for a dedicated sub or additional? Any bad reason to have floor standing speakers and center with built in subs and a dedicated sub in a setup?

Yamaha RX-V665
1x Definitive Super Cube III
1x Definitive CLR2002
2x Definitive BP8
4x Definitive BP1.2X

Room info: 14x14, hardwood floors no carpet, 10ft ceilings.

Might be worth waiting to see if Def Tech releases some new tower without built in subs, but the BP8060's sound very good to my ears and would best your BP8's smile.gif Sorry I haven't heard the new centers. Might want to look into upgrading your AVR to the new Denon X4000 which has XT32. I only have a Denon 2808 which has XT, but it does wonders for my subwoofer (HGS-18).
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page