Woofer of my front speaker sounds stronger than my other front speaker. I need help ! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-10-2013, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So basically , I got a room issue with my Left and Right front speakers. My fronts are the JAMO S608 which are powered with a 10'' woofer. My AVR crossover is at 100hz. I noticed that the bass coming out from the right front speaker woofer is tighter and more stronger than the woofer of the left front speaker. Fronts are set to ''0dB'' from the AVR (Everything measured with SPL meter).

Unfortunately , I had to set the right speaker to ''-4dB'' so that the bass from the woofers is equal. Bass from woofers are now equal , but the volume of the speakers are now one higher than the other (0dB vs -4dB).

I feel like the right side of the room is filled with bass coming out from the right front speaker woofer , and the other side of the room is emptied.

Subwoofer position is great.

Obviously , this is a room issue , as my right speaker is near my computer desk and about 1 meter away from a side corner. Even the left speaker is about 1 meter away from the side corner , but that side in wide opened , as viewed later on on the picture im going to post of my setup.

Anything I can do to even the bass output from the woofers of my front speakers ?

I will not be able to move my computer desk because lack of space and wiring problem.

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Where is your sub located? i cant tell from the pic cause is too dark, but it looks like it is on the corner. Could that be the problem?
post #3 of 5 Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 158
You didn't mention what model receiver you have. If your receiver has some type of auto room correction setup have you tried running that yet? If not, does it have some type of adjustable EQ? Rather than changing the trim of the entire speaker you should use the EQ to lower or raise the frequencies of the offending drivers. This should possibly resolve your issue.
post #4 of 5 Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post

Where is your sub located? i cant tell from the pic cause is too dark, but it looks like it is on the corner. Could that be the problem?
It is behind the christmas tree. The problem is not coming from the subwoofer. Its coming from the right speaker woofer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc135 View Post

You didn't mention what model receiver you have. If your receiver has some type of auto room correction setup have you tried running that yet? If not, does it have some type of adjustable EQ? Rather than changing the trim of the entire speaker you should use the EQ to lower or raise the frequencies of the offending drivers. This should possibly resolve your issue.
My receiver is the onkyo tx sr-308. It does not have any auto room correction setup.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Have u tried to play with speaker distance and see how that affect the room mode? Maybe level trim and speaker distance could help you balance out the most. I guess the other solution is bass traps, but not everyone is into that stuff.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page