Seeking Advice On Entry Level Bookshelves - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
jzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could point me towards a good pair of entry level bookshelf speakers. Earlier in the year I had bought the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers but one of my friends ended up blowing one of them at a party. I would've just bought another pair but it seems they don't make them anymore.

I have been taking a lot of looks at the BIC Venturi dv62si as they seem to get great reviews and have a very reasonable price point. If anyone could show me anything better than/the same as the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers I used to have that would be awesome.


My budget is $150 but I would be willing to go a little over
jzone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,308
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 723
If you could go up to $220 you might think about the Cambridge Audio S30. Maybe the Infinity Primus 163.

lovinthehd is online now  
post #3 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Member
 
wronganswer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzone View Post

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could point me towards a good pair of entry level bookshelf speakers. Earlier in the year I had bought the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers but one of my friends ended up blowing one of them at a party. I would've just bought another pair but it seems they don't make them anymore.

I have been taking a lot of looks at the BIC Venturi dv62si as they seem to get great reviews and have a very reasonable price point. If anyone could show me anything better than/the same as the Pioneer SP-BS41 speakers I used to have that would be awesome.


My budget is $150 but I would be willing to go a little over
I saw those Pioneers in Walmart last night.
wronganswer is offline  
post #4 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caloyzki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1472253/mordaunt-short-carnival-2
If you want to take a look.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
caloyzki is online now  
post #5 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
jzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wronganswer View Post

I saw those Pioneers in Walmart last night.

You sure? I just looked at their website and they only have the SP-BS21 model
jzone is offline  
post #6 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Member
 
wronganswer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
You
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzone View Post

You sure? I just looked at their website and they only have the SP-BS21 model
You are right...
wronganswer is offline  
post #7 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
postrokfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 2,401
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

If you could go up to $220 you might think about the Cambridge Audio S30. Maybe the Infinity Primus 163.

+1 These are winners at this price point. I believe the 163s are $160 on Amazon right now which is only $10 over budget.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
postrokfan is offline  
post #8 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
smasher50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: right behind you
Posts: 1,865
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 883
fwiw,just another recommendation boston acoustics a26's $210 accessories4less

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
smasher50 is online now  
post #9 of 14 Old 05-12-2013, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sdg4vfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan View Post

+1 These are winners at this price point. I believe the 163s are $160 on Amazon right now which is only $10 over budget.

+1 the Cambridge Audio S30's for $220.
sdg4vfx is offline  
post #10 of 14 Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Klipsch B-20 speakers on sale from Frys for $127 a pair shipped

cel4145 is online now  
post #11 of 14 Old 05-14-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
jzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
what do you guys think? The Klipsch B-20s or the Infinity 163s
jzone is offline  
post #12 of 14 Old 05-14-2013, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ack_bk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maple Grove, MN
Posts: 8,787
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzone View Post

what do you guys think? The Klipsch B-20s or the Infinity 163s

Everyone may have a different opinion on this, but I would take the Infinity 163's. I am not a fan of the budget Klipsch models. Some of their legacy, or higher end speakers I like.
ack_bk is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
jzone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Everyone may have a different opinion on this, but I would take the Infinity 163's. I am not a fan of the budget Klipsch models. Some of their legacy, or higher end speakers I like.

So even though the B-20s are on sale, you think the 163s would be worth the extra money?
jzone is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 05-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Newbie
 
allkob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can't party on a miniscule bookshelf. If you want big sound on the cheap go for P363. Wait for it to go on sale at Frys for around $109 each.
allkob is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off