Looking for suggestions for a center channel to start a mid-level set - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-12-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Right now I have a homemade center channel for my home theater that works fairly well. I also have 2 Sony F5000 mains and 2 Sony B100 Surrounds. I eventually want to upgrade the whole set to more mid level speakers. I thought I might as well start with the center. What suggestions do you have for a full set of Center, Front mains, and rear surround that would be <$1000. Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW, I have the subwoofer taken care of, so only the 5.0 setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
If you want in selling my energy veritas v5.2c center channel.very good center speaker. I just upgraded my center channel.i just used it for a month. If you are interested I posted it at the clarified ads section. Thanks.

Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
post #3 of 6 Old 05-12-2013, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 42
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471332/nib-energy-v5-2c-rosenut-speaker-center-speaker

Energy RC 70 fronts
Energy RC LCR center
Energy RC LCR surrounds
Rythmik LV12R and Mirage Omni 12 subwoofers
Denon 2112CI
post #4 of 6 Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by syvmn View Post

Right now I have a homemade center channel for my home theater that works fairly well. I also have 2 Sony F5000 mains and 2 Sony B100 Surrounds. I eventually want to upgrade the whole set to more mid level speakers. I thought I might as well start with the center. What suggestions do you have for a full set of Center, Front mains, and rear surround that would be <$1000. Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW, I have the subwoofer taken care of, so only the 5.0 setup.

Whats wrong with your homemade center?

I have Sony speakers as well (B3000's, B1000's and CN5000) and I'm actually pretty satisfied with their sound. It lacks in the low-end, but that will be fixed when I get a PL-200 to add to the system. The only speaker in the set that I am not satisfied with is the center (CN5000) and I'm considering modding it to see if I can improve its performance. I would consider a DIY but I'm not particular very good at woodworking.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
post #5 of 6 Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Actually I was having a problem with my receiver. I thought the speaker was off but after a few settings adjustment its sounding very good. I think I might just pick up another set of B1000 or B3000's for my 6th and 7th channel. Is there a problem mixing and matching surround speakers that are from the same line/manufacturer?
post #6 of 6 Old 05-14-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by syvmn View Post

Actually I was having a problem with my receiver. I thought the speaker was off but after a few settings adjustment its sounding very good. I think I might just pick up another set of B1000 or B3000's for my 6th and 7th channel. Is there a problem mixing and matching surround speakers that are from the same line/manufacturer?

There will be a slight tonal difference. even though they are from the smae line there are some differences in performance between them (b3000 is 3-way and goes 20 to 30hz deeper than the b1000) i would suggest just getting another set of b1000s for your rear surrounds as the b1000s are good enough for that duty and theyll match with your side surrounds. b3000 is knida overkill for surround duty unless you are using them for multichannel music in which case i would recommend getting the 3000s and another set of 3000s and putting those in place of your sides.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page