Energy - Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System: Will they provide good sound in a 13 x 20 room - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am finally ready to purchase an HT system for my living room. My original plan was to purchase the BIC V1020 Sub woofer (New),
and a set of 5 double cube BOSE speakers from Craigslist. (Used, for $150).
After reading the numerous negative reviews on BOSE, I am now looking at the Energy - Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System, as most of the reviews I have seen on this system are very positive.
2 questions:
1) Is the Energy - Take Classic 5.1 Home Theater Speaker System big enough to provide good sound in a 13 x 20 room?
2) Does the system provide good sound when just playing music? (vs playing a DVD).

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 07:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
satellites are not really designed to be musical speakers. they're too small with little drivers and there is a hole in the midbass region. The Takes will be better for home theater than music but you've got a pretty big room at 13 x 20.

They certainly wouldn't be my first choice if music is a priority. Plus the included 8" sub wont fill up that room very well.

if you've never had a home theater system before then it'll be a huge improvement over using TV speakers though.

If you are not limited by size I'd look at some bookshelf speakers.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 25
PAAUDIO,
If there are any audio stores in your area you should go and listen to as many as you can before you buy. That will help you determine what different speakers sound like and which ones you like. If you don't have local store options, there are several internet sites that allow you to audition speakers for 30 days. Try not to be impressed by the name of the speaker but by the sound.

The Takes should be a pretty good entry level system and they'll be better than the Bose you were looking at. As afrogt said, if you have the space and budget for a little bit larger bookshelf speakers they will sound even better. Good luck.

There's nothing to see here.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

satellites are not really designed to be musical speakers. they're too small with little drivers and there is a hole in the midbass region. The Takes will be better for home theater than music but you've got a pretty big room at 13 x 20.

They certainly wouldn't be my first choice if music is a priority. Plus the included 8" sub wont fill up that room very well.

if you've never had a home theater system before then it'll be a huge improvement over using TV speakers though.

If you are not limited by size I'd look at some bookshelf speakers.

I totally agree! I was using my Energy Take Classic speakers at my computer, and even when sitting relatively close, they were lacking. I switched to my Energy RC-10 bookshelf speakers and am in love with my music again. What is your local craigslist?

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:http://www.tempestaudio.blogspot.com  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page