control speakers wirelessly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to set up speakers in 4 sections outside of my house....front porch, back screen room, garage, and pool area. What's the best way to hook all this up so that I can control the music played (from internet or iphone)

1. I'm assuming all the speakers need to be hooked up to one receiver. Is that right?
2. How many speakers can I hook up to one receiver?
3. Is it possible to have the music play in, say, 1 area (front porch) and not the other 3? If so, is this controlled from the receiver? Can it also be controlled from an iphone or ipad with an app?
4. What's the Apple Airport Express? A friend told me to get a receiver, hook up the speakers to it with speaker wire, and then get the Apple Airport Express to be able to use an iphone to send music wirelessly to the speakers.

I'm clueless on how to make this happen! Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 40
You could look into Sonos amps and/or connects. Depending on what exactly you're trying to do that can be expensive.

I have one sonos connect plugged into a receiver via RCA driving speakers in my kitchen and dining room. I also have that plugged into a different receiver via coax to play in the basement. Downside to this is that there's only one volume control for all three areas. I can control what's playing and its volume via my Android, iPhone, iPad or computer. Sometimes the kids have music wars smile.gif

I have another sonos in the family room and a sonos play3 that I use as a clock radio in my bedroom.

If I like I can, via the app, play the same song all through the house or different songs in each or any combination.

I didn't answer your questions directly....
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page