scoreboard speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-26-2013, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I have been chosen to choose a set of speakers to be mounted on our school's soccer scoreboard. Main uses will be for pre-game music and announcement during the game. They need to be weatherproof and easy to maintain... Any recommendations of brands or models? I'm not much of an audiophile so please don't get too technical, Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Budget? Do the speakers need to be passive or self powered?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
budget is undecided, but we are a highschool team so all money comes from fundraising... so we want something of decent quality but still an affordable price... probably maxing out around 1000$. And for powered vs unpowered, Powered probably
post #4 of 6 Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 2188
fwiw, this forum is more towards residental and not so much commercial PA speakers I would give a parts express a call and ask. they are very knowledgeable and might put you on your path

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
post #5 of 6 Old 05-27-2013, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFIRSCH View Post

Hey guys, I have been chosen to choose a set of speakers to be mounted on our school's soccer scoreboard. Main uses will be for pre-game music and announcement during the game. They need to be weatherproof and easy to maintain... Any recommendations of brands or models? I'm not much of an audiophile so please don't get too technical, Thanks!
I searched a pro audio forum for some info and this is what I found. I don't know anything about them, but maybe these will point you in the right direction. Good luck.

http://www.zzounds.com/cat--Live-Sound-PA--2713

http://www.zzounds.com/item--QSCKW122

http://www.zzounds.com/item--YAMDSR112
post #6 of 6 Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 PM

Liked: 53

If these are going to be mounted outside you do not want powered speakers.  You want something where the speakers are outside but the amplifier is protected from the elements. Regular outside speakers like used in stadiums are probably out of your budget ($3K+ each).  If this is just for announcements you can get some basic horn paging speakers, less than $150 each. TOA Electronics is a good brand.   If decent quality sound for things such as music is desired I'd look at the JBL Control series. The Control 29 would work (about $400 each).

I'd use a decent 70V mixer/amp for these speaker systems.  They are a little different to set up than what most use at home but it would be best for your application.  Parts express will have many of these options.  Where are you located?

wpbpete likes this.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page