Speaker damage from wrong settings - AVS Forum
Speakers > Speaker damage from wrong settings
ntsmitt's Avatar ntsmitt 10:07 PM 05-26-2013
I changed receivers to a pioneer sc-65 and connected energy cf-70s as the fronts. I lost the binding posts? a while ago so I bi- amped them and forgot to change the settings to reflect this. After a half hour messing with volume levels modes etc. to get rid of the muffled sounding music I figured this out. Yes stupid mistake. Could this dumb ass move damaged the speakers. I have since changed settings to reflect the change. If any one can could let me know that would be great. Thanks again to all that come here.

crn3371's Avatar crn3371 10:30 PM 05-26-2013
I don't think so. I'm not familiar with the Pioneer, but on my Yamaha bi-amping requires using using the rear surround posts for front bi-amping. I imagine the Pioneer is similar, you use one of the rear output, or heights, and configure them for front bi-amping in your setup menu. So what probably was happening was 1/2 your front speaker was getting the height, or rear, track. That's why it sounded funny. You should be fine.
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 07:50 AM 05-27-2013
Quote:
I lost the binding posts? a while ago so I bi- amped them and forgot to change the settings to reflect this.

How do you lose binding posts? That would seem rather difficult. Do you mean the metal jumpers between the top and bottom terminals?
crn3371's Avatar crn3371 08:57 AM 05-27-2013
You can simply make jumpers out of speaker wire.
ntsmitt's Avatar ntsmitt 11:40 AM 05-27-2013
I did mean jumpers thank you for the input. Yeah they sounded terrible until I switched the mode in the settings. because as someone stated they were not receiving correct signal. And I was wondering if that messed the speaker up and that seems to be a no. Thanks for the replies
Up
Mobile  Desktop