Home Theater Questions... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-26-2013, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the question, but I don't really know where to go with this and I figured there are enough people on this forum that can help me out. Once again, it seems like a basic question but it would help me a ton if I could get this figured out.

Okay, so we just moved into a house that has a built in ceiling speaker system (not sure what brand) in the living room and the master bedroom and I don't know what I do to hook everything up. I am more concerned about the living room and getting the sound hooked up for the TV.

I have posted the pictures (hopefully it works) the one with the wires is for the living room and the bedroom is the simpler looking panel.

Let me know what you think is best and affordable for me to be able to enjoy the sound system!

Thanks!
Jackson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-27-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 52

It looks like your living room is wired for a 5 speaker surround system *left, center, right, surround left and surround right). The subwoofer is probably placed near your equipment and not a built in.  The color scheme is a little unconventional so you'll have to figure out which pair of wires goes to which speaker.  The bedroom panel is for a pair of stereo speakers, again you'll have to figure out which is left and right.  If these panels are near each other you can get a surround receiver with a second zone capability for the bedroom.  If they are in different rooms than a surround receiver for the living room and a stereo receiver for the bedroom.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page