Hi all, im going a bit nutty and havent upgraded my audio gear in a while, so figured i will do so ! even though my current room setup/layout is pretty poor ... i dont care!Room Size
my room size is 5m x 5m (16ft x 16ft) so this setup is probably a bit excessive for this .. excessive??? no such thing!!!!Current Amp :
Im currently using a Yamaha RX-V1400 which i thoroughly enjoy, i was looking at the Aventage series, but all they seem to offer is HDMI audio, which isnt worth the $$ as im not using my setup to watch from a blu-ray device or anything of the sort .Source
my sound source is from my PC via SPDIF Optical, ranging from game output, to playing a blu-ray through my pc bluray drive, to streaming music from various sources, ranging from 128kbit audio to FLAC / audio cdsSpeakers
Currently im using the speakers from the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra (just the 5 satellites) - Specs can be found here - http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-ultra-5-1-computer-speaker-systemSubwoofer
Im using a Yamaha YST-SW315, which i will be keeping, i love this subwoofer! it fires nice and tight.
What im looking to upgrade to is the following
Fronts : JBL Studio 580
Centre : JBL Studio 520
Rears : JBL Studio 530
What im going to listen to in terms of importance.
1) Music - FLAC to 128kbit youtube videos
2) Gaming - 5.1 DTS encoded usually
3) Documentaries - National Geographic
4) TV / Movies - i do not watch movies at home i do not have the attention span for this and i generally find TV very boring, im an interactve kinda guy!
1) I am guessing these JBL's are going to blow me away in comparison to the baby klipsch speakers i have, which to be honest i do love.
2) because my pc is at the front of my room, and i will put these speakers in the front corners of my room, i will realistically be sitting quite close to the fronts (3f / 1metre) .. will this change how i hear the sound ? i imagine tuning with the YPAO mic will help a lot with this, but do the speakers require 'room' in front of them to develop the sound?
room.jpg 86k .jpg file
3) Now because i live in New Zealand our range selection is pretty limited and ive been offered a good package deal on the JBL's.. im going to hear them this weekend. the other option are some Energy cf-70's for cheaper, with their equivalent centre/rears.
I havent been able to find out a lot regarding reviews on these, wondering if anyone has any input?
Thanks in advance :-)