Connecting speakers to TV, etc - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 3 stand-alone speakers that work. Each of these speakers has the box (with the diaphragm, etc.) and two thin colored wires dangling from the back with the ends of the wires shaved off and the metal exposed.

I would like to use these speakers/ get them to work with my TV and DVD player. I have a Samsung LED TV and DVD player, both bought in the past year. I have no AV receiver/ woofer, etc.

Without spending too much money, is it easy for me to connect my speakers to my tv/dvd player? Is there an adapter that uses my TV/ DVD player sound as an input, and has clamps at the back where I can insert the wires of my speaker?

Thanks,

Sid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 45
You'll need to buy a receiver to make things work.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yes. You'll need some type of receiver to connect your components to and provide power for those speakers. If you are just starting out with multi-channel, I would just pick up a refurbished Onkyo TX-NR414 or Denon AVR1612. If you don't have HDMI cables you can order a couple of the Amazon Basic cables. I have a couple of those cables I use for xBox and mobile devices and they are pretty good for the price. If your DVD player doesn't have HDMI and doesn't upconvert to 1080p, then you'll need a receiver that does that. Either the Onkyo TX-NR515 or Denon AVR-1912/1913. Should still be under $280 for step-up models at Accessories4less.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2013, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
If your DVD player doesn't have HDMI and doesn't upconvert to 1080p, then you'll need a receiver that does that.
Well, not really. The TV - all HD sets actually - already include an upscaler (though their quality can vary).
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page