500$ budget to spend for Center, and Fronts for a 3.1 SETUP - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 06-15-2013, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
zod396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Could some please help me figure out which is the best budget system for 500$ +-100$.

I have already narrow down my receiver choice to either Yamaha rx 675 or Denon 2113. The price of the receiver is taken take care off. I also have a BIC F12 sub that I am going to pair with these speakers. Now the question of which speakers to buy.

Option 1;
2 - Polk Monitor 75T when they go on sale for 200$ each
1- Polk center channel

Option 2:
2 - Definitive Technology BP8B - 200$ each on newegg
1 - center channel undecided

Are there more option in this price range that I need to look out for? Any help would be useful. Thanks
zod396 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 06-15-2013, 11:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 23,812
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 467
afrogt is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 02:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sdg4vfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 1,392
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 106
+1 ^^^

Maybe also consider three Arx A1b's for $470. They get recommended a lot at this price point in the forums.
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/manufacturers.php?mPath=13&osCsid=17906794da47304d9b9d8e7a181ad54e
If you need to lay the center on it's side, for space reasons, it's recommended to rotate the tweeter.
(Also, you can google a detailed review of them by Jim Wilson.)
sdg4vfx is offline  
post #4 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member
 
gtpsuper24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,087
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdg4vfx View Post

Maybe also consider three Arx A1b's for $470. They get recommended a lot at this price point in the forums.
http://www.theaudioinsider.com/manufacturers.php?mPath=13&osCsid=17906794da47304d9b9d8e7a181ad54e
If you need to lay the center on it's side, for space reasons, it's recommended to rotate the tweeter.
(Also, you can google a detailed review of them by Jim Wilson.)

+1 getting many rave reviews and happy owners, all without massive ad banners and pro reviews and paid for rewards. I guess the product speaks for its self.
gtpsuper24 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
commsysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,504
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 288
The Cambridge Audio S30 speakers and S50 Center are very good and run about $500 altogether.

The new Pioneer BS-22 speakers are excellent and under $200 PER PAIR (!) ; check out the current issue of Stereophile for a comprehensive review.

The SP-C22 is the matching center speaker and is around $150.
commsysman is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bladerunner6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by zod396 View Post

Could some please help me figure out which is the best budget system for 500$ +-100$.

I have already narrow down my receiver choice to either Yamaha rx 675 or Denon 2113. The price of the receiver is taken take care off. I also have a BIC F12 sub that I am going to pair with these speakers. Now the question of which speakers to buy.

Option 1;
2 - Polk Monitor 75T when they go on sale for 200$ each
1- Polk center channel

Option 2:
2 - Definitive Technology BP8B - 200$ each on newegg
1 - center channel undecided

Are there more option in this price range that I need to look out for? Any help would be useful. Thanks

How big is your room?

What do you listen to?
bladerunner6 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 7,188
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
basshead81 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
zod396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks all for the input. So many options. Well I plan to put these in a living room no bigger then 16x20. The problem is I live in a small town and can't go to any store to just listen and buy. I have to just go by reviews. I use the system movies:music (70:30%). With that in mind, which one of these options above would be good?
zod396 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
crn3371's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Go with an Internet direct speaker mfgr that has a good return policy. Aperion makes nice speakers and has a 30 day return policy with shipping paid both ways. There ave many others with 30 or 45 day returns, although with the exception of Aperion, you have to pay return shipping. Amazon is good for returns, and Crutchfield has a 60 day return. Balance reviews with retun policy and you should be fine.
crn3371 is online now  
post #10 of 10 Old 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 7,188
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by zod396 View Post

Thanks all for the input. So many options. Well I plan to put these in a living room no bigger then 16x20. The problem is I live in a small town and can't go to any store to just listen and buy. I have to just go by reviews. I use the system movies:music (70:30%). With that in mind, which one of these options above would be good?

Just a fyi with polk, if your speakers are ever damaged beyond repair they will sell you new speakers 45% off free shipping.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off