Monitor Audio - Apex 40/10 versus Shadow 50/25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have many audio shops in my area that carry the Monitor speakers and wonder if anyone has heard the MA Apex 40 with Apex 10 rears side by side against the Monitor Audio Shadow 50's with the 25's in the rear?

I definately prefer the look/form of the Shadows but after speaking with an Audio shop while I was traveling this week they made the argument that the Apex is a better speaker for about the same price.

Has anyone heard them together and can you provide some feedback? I'd love to hear both sets myself but just don't see it happening anytime soon.

thanks,
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 03:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Hi,

Are you in the US or UK? I have not heard the Shadow range but the Apex are just fantastic - they really are. If I did not have a size restriction, I would have got them without a doubt. There are a very high number of satisfied Apex users in the UK who love them to bits.

Only caveat is to to get a different sub as better value can be had for less - if you are in the US, then an ID brand like SVS, PSA etc would be ideal. Hope that helps!

Bazzy!
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input Bazzy. I'm in the US in the Raleigh, NC area. I haven't found anyone in my area that carries the Shadow 50's but I did hear just the 25's alone and they sounded good to me. I heard the Apex 10s with a 40 in the center while on a trip up to NJ but the listening environment was so much different than when I head the Shadow's that I'm not sure how to really make the decsion. I am hoping there are a few that have heard them in an A/B situation.

As for a sub, I have read good things about the Monitor Audio Silver line RXW12 and then recently was told to check out the HSU Research ULS-15 for about the same money.

You could make it a full time job selecting a theater system . . . Hope there are others that will respond with more input.

Rick
post #4 of 5 Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Any others?
post #5 of 5 Old 05-08-2014, 07:51 AM

Rick. What did you actually get?? I am new Apex owner and like them very much.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page