Speakers, Boston Acoustics A26 vs Cambridge Audio s30 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am in search for speakers for listening at computer. I am tired of my primitive 2.1 Edifier set. They were OK just as usual computer speakers, but they bass reproduction is very BOOMY, and I can't stand it any more. Besides I started to listen more at my computer and appreciate a good sound. I use my decent set of headphones, but real speakers is a substitute. Recently I acquired Vintage Denon amp PMA-770 to drive my future speakers. It is pretty low distortion and can drive 100W RMS per channel. My computer room is in one of the bedrooms in townhouse, so do not consider adding a sub, though MAY BE, just to extend lower portion. Mainly I listen to music NO games or movies.
I narrowed down to two, Boston A26 and Cambridge S30. What you opinion on one VS another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-23-2013, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was comparing these two speakers as well....I went with the A26. They both had unique and good sound. But since it was the start of a 5.1 system, I was thinking more about the future and the abillity to find a matching bookshelf as a center channel as opposed to the Cambridge audio. Another point is that cosmetically the BA's looked was cooler ..lol

The only minor drawback is that they are way bigger

Think before you speak....
Reply Speakers

Tags
Cambridge Audio Bookshelf Speakers S30

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page