Out with the new and in with the old? Klipsch RF-15 set to RF-7 set - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-02-2013, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a Klipsch RF-15 set (Floorstanding, center, surrounds, Epik Dynasty Sub, and Marantz SR6006). I really like the set, but just moved to a new house that has a MUCH larger "theater" room. It's the main room of the house so it has vaulted ceilings, connects to the dining room, kitchen and breakfast nook. I also just got a 92" Mitsubishi, so the speakers look tiny next to that and the Dynasty.

There's a local ad for a guy selling a Klipsch RF-7 set. He has a pair of the RC-7's, the RC-7 center, and a Klipsch sub he wasn't specific on, but it's not the RSW-15. Everything is in good condition except a few scratches on the center's cabinet. These are the wood color finish btw. I would just pickup a couple of RS-7's some point down the road.

He's asking $1,000 for everything. What I was wondering is if it will be a good upgrade, or if they are a bit outdated and I should be looking for a newer set? Also if the price is right, which from what I researched, it seems to be about right, maybe even low?

Thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 503
These speakers are about 11 years old I believe. It sounds like he wants $300 for the towers, $450 for the center, and $250 for the subwoofer roughly? This is probably about 50% of new price or a bit better. This is not a bad deal. You will get higher output but the sound will be essentially the same. But, it sounds like you want more output for the larger HT room in any case.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
Old 07-02-2013, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by postrokfan View Post

These speakers are about 11 years old I believe. It sounds like he wants $300 for the towers, $450 for the center, and $250 for the subwoofer roughly? This is probably about 50% of new price or a bit better. This is not a bad deal. You will get higher output but the sound will be essentially the same. But, it sounds like you want more output for the larger HT room in any case.

I was able to get him down to $850 for all of it, and also found out the sub is a KSW-12. I do basically need larger speakers for the room size, I was just hoping the quality was equal or better than my current setup.(hopefully better!)
Old 07-03-2013, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 503
That's certainly a good deal. IMHO you will get equal quality compared to your current setup.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."