post #91 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian323 View Post

Here is a list of THX audio equipment list. Look through the spaeker comapnies, research the tweeters used in those very speakers or the subwoofers, then try to get the speakers that will handle your room size using the very same tweeters if youtrgoal is to get a theatre-like sound.

There is a list of about 10 speaker companies that the commercial theatres use, certainly, what shadyJ and others stated, JBL and Klipsch are on the list. From what I know they use compression drivers but I thin some other speaker companies on the list use different drivers as well. I suggest going with the tweeter that is MOSTLY used.

Not sure about the difference between commercial theatre and IMAX, but you can google the IMAX audio equipment and try to research on what tweeters or the speaker companies the IMAX theatres use.

http://www.thx.com/professional/sound-engineer/approved-equipment-lists/

This list is for THX Professional... This is not gear designed for consumer use. BTW, many of the speakers used in that room (the photo on that THX page) are M&K S150's... A speaker I worked on extensively which use soft dome tweeters smile.gif

To the OP, be careful with the THX specification (especially PM3) -- it calls for very specific directivity characteristics which may not appeal to your tastes. If for some reason you wish to pursue THX certified gear, with regard to speakers -- you will be better off looking at loudspeakers with the THX Ultra2 specification.

David Fabrikant

audio professional and soft spoken representative of www.AscendAcoustics.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:11 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascend View Post

This list is for THX Professional... This is not gear designed for consumer use. BTW, many of the speakers used in that room (the photo on that THX page) are M&K S150's... A speaker I worked on extensively which use soft dome tweeters smile.gif

To the OP, be careful with the THX specification (especially PM3) -- it calls for very specific directivity characteristics which may not appeal to your tastes. If for some reason you wish to pursue THX certified gear, with regard to speakers -- you will be better off looking at loudspeakers with the THX Ultra2 specification.

Never knew you were the actual engineer behind the Ascends. If this is the case, this changes things.

First, now its understood why you said what you said on another thread. Its your hard work, and knowing that you have spent ample of time or your career on designing your ascend line, I somewhat understand where you were coming from now. You have to understand that with work, based on your prodcut, althoug it may get personal alot of time (since your the engineer) cristicism CAN play a big factor into making your business product a better product, Its all in your mindset.

Two, Now that you understand there is even ONE consumer who do NOT like the sound of soft dome tweeters in home theatre 5.1 movie viewing, perhaps you can (since you are an engineer and have the knowledge to do so more than the consumer) look into combining your tweeter with a different type of tweeter or sound to make a NEW and improved tweeter. And perhaps you can patent that. If you have copied the designs of other companies that have used soft dome tweeters, COPY IT, then tweak it to make a better sounding speaker.

Three, for my personal taste, your speaker do have clarity and detail, however, it does not have soundstage. If you were to go with 11.1 sorround sound from your sorrounding your "sweet spot" about 4 feet apart, it might work using the soft dome tweeters, however, the average consumers do not have a personal home theatre nor do they want to spend the extra money for acoustics to dampen the room so that the speaker do not get "airy" and lose soundstage.

Four, with your demo room being damped to hell, it sounded okay in there. (CBM-170SE) however, as you can clearly see from the picture that I have posted, my room is mostly wood, and the mass market or a normal consumer do not have the acoustic room treatment. I CAN see that you played with your options, whaether to go with soundstage or detail and clarity, and I think you chose the latter route, but let me be the first one to tell you, I do not think it was a smart choice for 5.1 sorround sound MOVIE VIEWING since a normal consumer do not live in damped rooms with acoustic treatments.

Five, perhaps you can make a better product using different tweeters specifically designed for home theatre movie viewing. Personally speaking, the horn tweeters sound alot more "convincing" for home theatre movie viewing sound. As far as the music goes, I think this is a matter of taste, since some like to listen to detail, but as you know, some like soundstage to be utmost important since some prefer envoloped sound as if they were at a club etc. And I think the Horn tweeters do that much better than the soft dome tweeters.

Six, you should have told me you were the engineer in the first place then I might have explained spoke to you in a more understanding way.

Seven, your Towers with NrT installed were very good. I thought they were better than the RC-70's I demoed from Fry's as far as transparency,detail and clarity went. But as you know, RC-70's get sold on Ebay left and right, and are far below your tower prices. However, as you prabably know yourself, your speakers will never sound forward, it will always leave a listener grasping for volume and "filling" of the room. In other words, simply put, no matter how LOUD one turns up the knob, there will ALWAYS be a HOLLOW feeling in the middle of the room. Thus your speakers are laid backs speakers.

Eight, dont get offended by this criticism, use it as a positive, and make a better product or lower your price, because in the end, throgh the word of mouth, when the prices are BETTER than the prodcut by double, it is pretty much inevitable that your monthly or quaretely sales quota will have tripled in the end.

Nine, to end this post in a positive note, I'd like you to know that you did a very good job with bass management on your CBM170SE speakers. I thought they were hands down alot better than the Energy CB-10's as far as bass management goes. I suppose that is because you have gone for soft dome tweeters emphasizing on flat frequency reponse,dataill and clarity.

Anyway, Peace!
post #93 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:

Never knew you were the actual engineer behind the Ascends. If this is the case, this changes things.

First, now its understood why you said what you said on another thread. Its your hard work, and knowing that you have spent ample of time or your career on designing your ascend line, I somewhat understand where you were coming from now. You have to understand that with work, based on your prodcut, althoug it may get personal alot of time (since your the engineer) cristicism CAN play a big factor into making your business product a better product, Its all in your mindset.

Two, Now that you understand there is even ONE consumer who do NOT like the sound of soft dome tweeters in home theatre 5.1 movie viewing, perhaps you can (since you are an engineer and have the knowledge to do so more than the consumer) look into combining your tweeter with a different type of tweeter or sound to make a NEW and improved tweeter. And perhaps you can patent that. If you have copied the designs of other companies that have used soft dome tweeters, COPY IT, then tweak it to make a better sounding speaker.

Three, for my personal taste, your speaker do have clarity and detail, however, it does not have soundstage. If you were to go with 11.1 sorround sound from your sorrounding your "sweet spot" about 4 feet apart, it might work using the soft dome tweeters, however, the average consumers do not have a personal home theatre nor do they want to spend the extra money for acoustics to dampen the room so that the speaker do not get "airy" and lose soundstage.

Four, with your demo room being damped to hell, it sounded okay in there. (CBM-170SE) however, as you can clearly see from the picture that I have posted, my room is mostly wood, and the mass market or a normal consumer do not have the acoustic room treatment. I CAN see that you played with your options, whaether to go with soundstage or detail and clarity, and I think you chose the latter route, but let me be the first one to tell you, I do not think it was a smart choice for 5.1 sorround sound MOVIE VIEWING since a normal consumer do not live in damped rooms with acoustic treatments.

Five, perhaps you can make a better product using different tweeters specifically designed for home theatre movie viewing. Personally speaking, the horn tweeters sound alot more "convincing" for home theatre movie viewing sound. As far as the music goes, I think this is a matter of taste, since some like to listen to detail, but as you know, some like soundstage to be utmost important since some prefer envoloped sound as if they were at a club etc. And I think the Horn tweeters do that much better than the soft dome tweeters.

Six, you should have told me you were the engineer in the first place then I might have explained spoke to you in a more understanding way.

Seven, your Towers with NrT installed were very good. I thought they were better than the RC-70's I demoed from Fry's as far as transparency,detail and clarity went. But as you know, RC-70's get sold on Ebay left and right, and are far below your tower prices. However, as you prabably know yourself, your speakers will never sound forward, it will always leave a listener grasping for volume and "filling" of the room. In other words, simply put, no matter how LOUD one turns up the knob, there will ALWAYS be a HOLLOW feeling in the middle of the room. Thus your speakers are laid backs speakers.

Eight, dont get offended by this criticism, use it as a positive, and make a better product or lower your price, because in the end, throgh the word of mouth, when the prices are BETTER than the prodcut by double, it is pretty much inevitable that your monthly or quaretely sales quota will have tripled in the end.

Nine, to end this post in a positive note, I'd like you to know that you did a very good job with bass management on your CBM170SE speakers. I thought they were hands down alot better than the Energy CB-10's as far as bass management goes. I suppose that is because you have gone for soft dome tweeters emphasizing on flat frequency reponse,dataill and clarity.

Anyway, Peace!

Brian, what are you trying to accomplish with this post?....lol
Man it's hard to take anything you post seriously.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Axiom Audio QS8 surrounds
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
Dual PSA XS30's (gone but not forgotten)
post #94 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:

Blah blah, this and that. Dude, no one asked you about my set-up and it certainly has nothing to do with OP. Honestly, its getting pretty old dude.

Ummmm. . . . You do remember that you decided less than 24 hours ago to share pictures of your setup in this thread? Or did someone use your account to do it for you? LOL

Although interestingly enough, you did not respond to my point in a post about an hour before yours critiquing your far from optimal setup, which could easily explain why you did not have the soundstage response you were looking for from the Ascends.

And GTA Beancounter offered you some good advice. Your HSUs would benefit from being placed better.
Quote:

And Nethawk, stop following me around on other threads lol.

LOL

And I'm sure Nethawk is hoping you don't follow him over to the Time to VOTE!! HSU vs Ascend vs Arx thread.

post #95 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:32 PM

Liked: 34
Wow. Thanks Brian. I just realized I lost thousands of dollars in my MBA when all I needed to know about business I could have learned it from Brian's post wink.gif [Sorry, I couldn't resist ]

Brian, it seems to me you like to research and have done a pretty good job at that. However, it seems you lack analytical skills, and all the information acquired is leading you to wrong conclusions that come across as laughable at times (ex. the youtube video). You are either trolling (in which case I tip my hat for a great job done) or just plain [insert derogative adjective here]. If the latter, I would advise to stop trying to "teach" others as it just makes you look worse. Every post you seem to take it to a new low, your posts are worse than the Dow jones in 2008. You don't think it can't go any lower, yet you surprise. Peace

Yamaha RX-V673 | HSU HC-1 MK2 | HSU HB-1 MK2 - LR | Pioneer SP-BS22-SLR | BIC RtR-V44-2 (Presence)
post #96 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Anyway, Peace!

Wait, what?

post #97 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Ummmm. . . . You do remember that you decided less than 24 hours ago to share pictures of your setup in this thread? Or did someone use your account to do it for you? LOL

Although interestingly enough, you did not respond to my point in a post about an hour before yours critiquing your far from optimal setup, which could easily explain why you did not have the soundstage response you were looking for from the Ascends.

And GTA Beancounter offered you some good advice. Your HSUs would benefit from being placed better.
LOL

And I'm sure Nethawk is hoping you don't follow him over to the Time to VOTE!! HSU vs Ascend vs Arx thread.

I actually just voted. biggrin.gif
post #98 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Quote:

I actually just voted. biggrin.gif

And I just rescinded your vote smile.gif

post #99 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
no soundstage you have got to be kidding me.
post #100 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 06:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw612 View Post

Wait, what?

Haha that was basically the exact same thing I thought the first time I read his post...lol

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #101 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:23 PM

I think many of you are forgetting the basic principals of Audio. This is what happens if you think too much or read way to many posts. Since I am reletaely new, so I have a clear head about all this, let me tell it to the audience here in plain english.

First the Hsu and the Ascend deal.

One, bigger cabinet equals more power and more output.

Two, more output, more distortion, therefore less clairty. However, more output, so more soundtsage.

Now, lets measure the cabinet of the Hsu HB-1 MK2's and the Ascends CBM-170SE.

HSU HB-1 MK2= Enclosure Dimensions, 153⁄8” H x 8” W x 8” D

Ascend CBM - 170SE Dimensions = Unknown. Not listed anywhere. But from my eyes, they are about 3/4 of the size of the Hsu.

HSU HC-1 MK2 (Center channel) is about double the size of the HB-1. And is larger than the Ascend 340SE.

I think the HB-1's are the size of Ascend 340SE minus about $150.00.

Three, Ascends themselves label the 170SE as "Sorround speakers". Yes, they are NOT meant for front stage, and I have no idea why all these Ascend owners of the 170SE keep saying they are good for front stage.

Ascends 170SE have a smaller cabinet, simply from the cabinet size you know right away which will have more output power and larger soundstage. However, with larger output, you will lose detail and clarity somewhat because ofcourse, audio source and frequency will be distorted from the sheer out POWER.

Isnt this basic audio engineer principal?

You guys have been on this forum for years and years and yet you forget the reason why you are posting on this thread when you have already purchased your speakers. Which is really to recommend people the best speakers money can buy. However, from the looks of this in the last few days, it really seems like Brian323 vs. Ascend weirdo's (oweners) and forget everything else.

C'mon guys. Wake up. Ascend 170SE are NOT better than the HSU period for 5.1 movie vieweing,
post #102 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think many of you are forgetting the basic principals of Audio. This is what happens if you think too much or read way to many posts. Since I am reletaely new, so I have a clear head about all this, let me tell it to the audience here in plain english.

Two, more output, more distortion, therefore less clairty. However, more output, so more soundtsage.

Ascend CBM - 170SE Dimensions = Unknown. Not listed anywhere. But from my eyes, they are about 3/4 of the size of the Hsu.

HSU HC-1 MK2 (Center channel) is about double the size of the HB-1. And is larger than the Ascend 340SE.

Three, Ascends themselves label the 170SE as "Sorround speakers". Yes, they are NOT meant for front stage, and I have no idea why all these Ascend owners of the 170SE keep saying they are good for front stage.

Ascends 170SE have a smaller cabinet, simply from the cabinet size you know right away which will have more output power and larger soundstage. However, with larger output, you will lose detail and clarity somewhat because ofcourse, audio source and frequency will be distorted from the sheer out POWER.

You guys have been on this forum for years and years and yet you forget the reason why you are posting on this thread when you have already purchased your speakers. Which is really to recommend people the best speakers money can buy. However, from the looks of this in the last few days, it really seems like Brian323 vs. Ascend weirdo's (oweners) and forget everything else.

C'mon guys. Wake up. Ascend 170SE are NOT better than the HSU period for 5.1 movie vieweing,

LOL...okay so by this theory of yours, you are saying that the CMT-340's will sound better then the HB-1's then right?

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #103 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 1173
Quote:

I think many of you are forgetting the basic principals of Audio,
That's a mighty odd statement to be coming from someone who doesn't know the basic principles of audio. But I will grant that you haven't forgotten them, never having learned them to begin with. rolleyes.gif

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #104 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 53
oh please rolleyes.gif

I can't help but think of that adage, that God gave us 2 ears, and 1 mouth, for us to listen twice as often as we speak. BUT, apparently, some people think that because they type with 10 fingers, they can spew 5 times as much nonsense , than ANY information that can be processed with those 2 ears, or 2 eyes, regardless of the source. What was He thinking? wink.gif
beaveav likes this.

...what a long, strange trip its been.
post #105 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 468
I've reported Brian. I'm amazed that he's been allowed to spam the forum and derail threads for days now with his useless and - worse - misleading "knowledge".
beaveav likes this.
post #106 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice View Post

That's a mighty odd statement to be coming from someone who doesn't know the basic principles of audio. But I will grant that you haven't forgotten them, never having learned them to begin with. rolleyes.gif

I think it's safe to say at this point Brian is in the red when it comes to having any credibility and things are only picking up speed now and going downhill even faster.

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #107 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 70
Quote:

Have you even read the Ascend site?

Dimensions for the 170SE are here:
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cbm170/cbm170specs.html

Using the dimensions you listed...it's larger than the HB-1.

Where is CBM-170 listed as a "sorround" speaker?
Nethawk likes this.

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #108 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 07:54 PM

No seriously though,I come to realize that It's quite amazing that the same small people going around recommending the Ascends CBM-170SE as the fronts have made Ascends look bad really.

Look at the outcome here, I am NOT a fan of Ascends anymore and have been saying all this negative stuff about Ascends when they THEMSELVES LABELED the CBM-170SE as SORROUND SPEAKERS.

If I saw that label 170SE Ascends as sorround sounds before I purchased them in the past than I would have been completely fine with them. But the same small group of people went around saying leaving false impressions and the outcome? an unsatified customer.

This is pretty crazy really.
post #109 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 09:02 PM

Does the Brian Show have a regular schedule? Talked about some flawed logic. I wonder where the other 2 stooges are hanging around.
cschang likes this.

Yamaha RX-V673 | HSU HC-1 MK2 | HSU HB-1 MK2 - LR | Pioneer SP-BS22-SLR | BIC RtR-V44-2 (Presence)
post #110 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Advanced Member

Brian323,

I am not sure where you are getting your information from or how you have come to this conclusion, but the CBM-170SE's are not marketed and have not EVER been marketed as being designed as surround speakers. They were designed specifically as extremely neutral, high performance affordable bookshelf loudspeakers. They are, quite probably, the top selling Internet Direct loudspeaker over the past 14 years and the huge majority of owners are using them as front speakers. They can certainly be used as surrounds no differently than you are using the HB-1's as surrounds in your system.

It is perfectly OK that you prefer your Hsu's to them and I am not the least bit insulted (actually a bit relieved TBH wink.gif ), you are not the first and you won't be the last person to prefer other loudspeakers. Frankly, we can't keep up with our sales volume as it is.

However -- and Brian, you need to read this carefully, and if necessary, even discuss with your parents.

Deliberately posting and/or spreading false information in an attempt to hurt a business or individual is a serious crime in this country. I strongly recommend you think twice or at least do research before making any further posts about Ascend Acoustics or our products. You are absolutely entitled to share your opinion but you are starting to cross a fine line.
Quote:

...I am NOT a fan of Ascends anymore and have been saying all this negative stuff about Ascends when they THEMSELVES LABELED the CBM-170SE as SORROUND SPEAKERS.

Posting information like this, several times, is not an opinion, it is an attempt at spreading false information with an obvious agenda...

Brian, this will be the last time I address you directly.

David Fabrikant

post #111 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 10:54 PM

Really David? Are you taking Brian seriously? I doubt he is able to lose you a single sale, if anything, he is helping you. It is evident he doesn't know what he is saying, by endorsing the HSU it makes you wonder they may not be good speakers at all. I believe Dr. HSU should be posting asking Brian to stop endorsing his product.

The Brian show is a good laugh, and I think no one is really paying attention, we just feed the troll for giggles.

post #112 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 10:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnewbie21 View Post

Really David? Are you taking Brian seriously? I doubt he is able to lose you a single sale, if anything, he is helping you. It is evident he doesn't know what he is saying, by endorsing the HSU it makes you wonder they may not be good speakers at all. I believe Dr. HSU should be posting asking Brian to stop endorsing his product.

The Brian show is a good laugh, and I think no one is really paying attention, we just feed the troll for giggles.
I believe that is part of the reason Dave is concerned. It is bad for Dr. Hsu.

-curtis

Owner of Wave Crest Audio
Volunteer Mod at the Ascend Acoustics Forum
Like all things on the Internet, do your research, as forums have a good amount of misinformation.
Help beat breast cancer!

post #113 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:

Brian323,

I am not sure where you are getting your information from or how you have come to this conclusion, but the CBM-170SE's are not marketed and have not EVER been marketed as being designed as surround speakers. They were designed specifically as extremely neutral, high performance affordable bookshelf loudspeakers. They are, quite probably, the top selling Internet Direct loudspeaker over the past 14 years and the huge majority of owners are using them as front speakers. They can certainly be used as surrounds no differently than you are using the HB-1's as surrounds in your system.

It is perfectly OK that you prefer your Hsu's to them and I am not the least bit insulted (actually a bit relieved TBH wink.gif ), you are not the first and you won't be the last person to prefer other loudspeakers. Frankly, we can't keep up with our sales volume as it is.

However -- and Brian, you need to read this carefully, and if necessary, even discuss with your parents.

Deliberately posting and/or spreading false information in an attempt to hurt a business or individual is a serious crime in this country. I strongly recommend you think twice or at least do research before making any further posts about Ascend Acoustics or our products. You are absolutely entitled to share your opinion but you are starting to cross a fine line.

Posting information like this, several times, is not an opinion, it is an attempt at spreading false information with an obvious agenda...

You have absoultely have to be kidding me. This prabably is the first time a business threatend a consumer for a lawsuit. Dude, if you have so many volumes and are having trouble keeping up with orders, you prabably and most likely will not have time to be so critical about ONE consumer's opinion.

If you tell me to use CBM-340SE as fronts instead, arent you suggesting that CBM-170SE for fronts is not good enough? Isnt this common sense really? and I am in a pretty small room. Its 13 x 14.5 x 9.

Do you see HSU having different line for front stage? Hm. Dont think so.

If you are talking about law suits, in a post you stated that there was a "chip" on the bottom of the speaker. Guess what. There wasn't. There was only a scratch, therefore, you are the one that actually lied to take money. Not to mention privacy act from business to consumer. (you did mention the xchanged between the two of us/ business to consumer to the public.)

I am NOT deliberatly trying to hurt your product. What really hurt me was the mediocore performance your speakers put out. I have read reviews, and most of the reviews that are up on your site date back to 2000 ish. Do you have any clue how many better speakers came out since then?

Anyway, out for now.

Case closed.
post #114 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Brian323,

Can children actually be criminally charged with something like that?

Brian you keep saying things like "I'm out" yet you continue to ramble on with more posts rolleyes.gif

My Gear:

JTR Noesis 228HT (LCR)
Sherbourn PA 7-350
Pioneer VSX-21TXH
JVC RS45
Falcon Screens FVHD105
post #115 of 185 Old 07-05-2013, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnewbie21 View Post

My concern is that valuable threads with good information are going to be closed one after another. I remember well similar circumstances with other companies many years ago on AVS, it got real ugly real fast and turned fine people away who simply wanted to learn. This is not good for Hsu, Arx, Ascend -- or for any of the commonly discussed products on this forum – it turns people away.

As I mentioned in another thread, our companies really don't compete directly against each other and most of us know each other quite well. I can speak without hesitation that Dr. Hsu and I (amongst many others) have worked VERY hard to try and increase the general public’s knowledge of audio equipment. Spreading false information, when left unchecked, regardless if it is taken seriously or not, steps us all backwards frown.gif

Certainly Brian can continue with his thoughts on acoustic theory, his opinions and preferences, but he needs to know he can not simply make things up in an effort to try and rationalize his opinions and/or theories.
Nethawk and darkpoet25 like this.

David Fabrikant

post #116 of 185 Old 07-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Since my prior post was deleted, let me again point anyone interested in what's going on here to the original Star Trek episode The Squire of Gothos.
post #117 of 185 Old 07-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnacleBill View Post

Since my prior post was deleted, let me again point anyone interested in what's going on here to the original Star Trek episode The Squire of Gothos.

Wow... now that is the definition of a reference. ... Hoping someone breaks that mirror soon wink.gif

David Fabrikant

post #118 of 185 Old 07-06-2013, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 256

Lots of reports on this thread

Please limit posts to technical issues so the discussion can continue

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
post #119 of 185 Old 07-06-2013, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Thanks Mod for trying to set this back on track. I would never consider the Cbm170se for my lcr and anyone that would do so is obviously poorly skilled when it comes to research. I would strongly urge Brian to stay off of this thread as you know Ascend has your real name and address and I can tell you your comments are getting close to a defamation or libel lawsuit. I'd say leave us alone and go find a HSU thread to hijack. Better yet maybe go outside and make some friends.

Now back on topic. What is Ascend's response to most folks telling me the soft dome tweeters will not cut it in this big of a space?
post #120 of 185 Old 07-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraunch View Post

I would never consider the Cbm170se for my lcr and anyone that would do so is obviously poorly skilled when it comes to research.

I am quite surprised by this remark. The 170's are excellent speakers for the money. They might not fill a very large space, but to state that "anyone that would do so is obviously poorly skilled when it comes to research" you are missing something.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Ascend Acoustics Cmt 340 Se Center , Ascend Acoustics Cbm 170 Se

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page