Newbie Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a complete newbie when it comes to home theater but I had a question that I was hoping to get some advice on. When we purchased our home a few years ago, the sellers left their 5 Triad Gold speakers that we use for our home theater surround system. However, we are altering the position of our living room in order to accommodate a larger television. In order to make it work, I will likely have to buy two more speakers and thus turn it into a 7.1 surround sound set up.

My question is should I buy two new front speakers to use with the Triads (I would use one triad for the center speaker and the other 4 would be the side and back speakers) or should I buy two new speakers to use as the right side and back and use the triads as the center and front (the left triads are in the wall so I can't move them).

Whichever way I go, any recommendations on new speakers that would work well with the older Triads?

Any help is much appreciated and I apologize if this is a stupid question.

Thanks,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Liked: 12
Posting some infos about your room would help smile.gif Room size, photos, floor plan... And budget.

What sub are you using or was this 5.0?

Panasonic 55" VT50
PSB Imagine T2 / SVS SB12
Denon X4000
Sony BDP-S5100 / OUYA w/ XBMC
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
The sub is a triad although it has a "Bronze" sticker near the bottom of the back part of the unit. I am going to try to upload some photos to give a sense of the layout.

This is the current tv layout. You can see the speakers in the top left and right corners along with the center speaker over the tv. The sub is in that fabric covered cabinet in the bottom left (underneath the left speaker).

This is the back wall speakers (the built-in ones). They currently sit behind us when we watch tv.

We plan to put a tv where you can see the painting. You can see the edge of the fireplace (shown in image one) on the right side of this photo. The built-in speakers are now on my left side (when you face the tv). The tv will be about 12-15 feet away from the sofa.

As far as budget goes, I am hoping to stay in the 1000-1500 range if possible.

I hope this helps, sorry for the lousy quality of the photo. Thanks for your advice on this.....
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page