Infinity Kappa 5.1 series II VS Paradigm Model 9s - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2013, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a pair of Kappa 5.1 as my main front speakers, but am looking at a pair of Paradigm model 9s a guy is selling for $60.00.
Sounds like a deal, but are they any better then my Kappa's. I can't do a side by side test to see and also can't seem to find and specs on these either. The Monitor 9 I can, but they are not the same speaker. Can anyone help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestcon View Post

I currently have a pair of Kappa 5.1 as my main front speakers, but am looking at a pair of Paradigm model 9s a guy is selling for $60.00.
Sounds like a deal, but are they any better then my Kappa's. I can't do a side by side test to see and also can't seem to find and specs on these either. The Monitor 9 I can, but they are not the same speaker. Can anyone help me out?

YMMV...but I've heard both. I like both, but the Infinities are favorites of mine. The 9's might be a bit smoother in the midrange, but I don't think they are as dynamic or as clean on the HF. Still...60 bucks is a helluva deal! How about a setup in your bedroom, or garage, or bathroom.......or somewhere.

biggrin.gif

MARGARITAS,
they're not just for breakfast anymore.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Assuming they work...for 60 bucks, buy em!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for your input guys.