College Dorm Speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy folks, I'd imagen that it will be pretty obvious that I'm new to this, both speakers and forums but hopefully I'll be able to ask my questions in a coherent manner. I'm about to start my 2nd year of college and have been looking to get speakers for my room for the better part of the summer. It bears mentioning that I have a good friend for a roommate and a little bit of extra space (I'll be an RA for my hall) I am also aware that have speakers in college does not mean that one can blast music at all hours of the day and night so in attempts to avoid that lecture I promise to be respectful.
Now to the actual questions: Is it possible to combine one of the portable bluetooth speakers with less portable ones, allowing me to take the bluetooth portion out of my room when I want and be able to use it to greater effect in my room. If so how?!@#?? If not what is my best option for good sound and relative user-friendliness. My budget is around 400$ give or take.
Thanks in advance and apologies of any of my questions were stupid ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Just get a Klipsch KMC-3. http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Center-KMC-Portable-Speaker/dp/B00BAQJ94Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1373497835&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+kmc3
avfanatic1 likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Do you want great sound? Get the Emotiva Airmotiv 4s. Excellent speakers, currently on sale for $299 + shipping. Here's a review at CNET: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57367525-47/emotivas-astonishing-desktop-speaker/

If you like bass heavy music or want to watch movies with your speakers, save your money a little longer until you can get a Dayton SUB1200, too smile.gif

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page