"Wireless" Speaker System and Receiver vs Yamaha Sound Projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a Yamaha YSP-900 sound projector/bar and it does a pretty decent job of approximating 5.1 sound. However, I'm gonna be moving soon and I'd like to take the opportunity to upgrade and take advantage of HDMI connections and audio codecs. I'd like to stay away from running speaker wire to the back of the room so my two options seem to be either to get a newer Yamaha sound projector/bar (maybe the YSP-2200 or 3300) or a receiver and a "wireless" speaker set (ie: only a power cord, no speaker wires). I know the Yamaha bars get pretty good reviews and I know a decent amount of information about them, however, I don't know much about "wireless" speaker setups. Are they any good? Should I be even considering them? If I should, can anyone recommend where to start looking?

Thanks,
Harry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 53

You'd have to be more specific on the wireless speakers.  Most are not good for sound quality.  You can get a wireless transmitter that send a signal to an amp in the back of the room and then you can use whatever speakers you like.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I had a YSP-2200 for about a month. I sent it back and I do not miss it one bit. At the moment I am running a Yamaha RX-A820 with just two Ascend CBM-170SE speakers in 2.0 channels. It sounds way better than any sound bar or home theatre in a box and I am not running speaker wire to the back of the room yet because I don't have any yet. That said, it will be worth running wire inside the walls and doing things properly the first time around, even one small step at a time. A cost-benefit analysis would show it's worth giving up the convenience of a soundbar for the much better sound quality of a real system.