Crossover question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 07-13-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tkarns24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: military move a lot
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have a custom built LCR(I know no popular) that has 2 daytona RS100 and a  Dayton Audio ND28F-6 1-1/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter for each channel . Now  here are the spec charts for both

 

 

Daytona RS100

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

Power Handling (RMS)      30 Watts 
Power Handling (max)      60 Watts 
Impedance      8 ohms 
Frequency Response      87 to 20,000 Hz 
Sensitivity      85.6 dB 1W/1m 
Voice Coil Diameter      1" 

 

 

Daytona ND28F-6

Specifications: • Power handling: 30 watts RMS/60 watts max • VCdia: 1" • Le: 0.08 mH • Impedance: 6 ohms • Re: 5.4 ohms • Frequency range: 2,200-20,000 Hz • Fs: 1,097 Hz • SPL: 88.4 db 1W/1m • Qms: 2.16 • Qes: 2.94 • Qts: 1.24 • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 2.56", Cutout diameter: 1.71", Depth: 0.77"

 

 

Here are my questions.

 

What should i set my frequency response at, I was thinking 80hz.?

should i send any base the the drivers in this case at all?

 

Guys I am new to all the calibration stuff and can use any help that i can get . I would like to set it up right this time.

tkarns24 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ozzie Isaac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 531
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Would post in the DIY section. You will get more responses.
Ozzie Isaac is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tkarns24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: military move a lot
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

yep

tkarns24 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
RicardoJoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I would say although your speaker starts to roll so earlier, it will still benifit from a high passed. 80hz is good staring point.
I run my full range and my speaker roll around 70 hz in sealed with sub cross around 50 hz. It all depends how lound you play and the overall integration.
RicardoJoa is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
AV Science Sales 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: A beautiful view of a lake
Posts: 7,097
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarns24 View Post

I have a custom built LCR(I know no popular) that has 2 daytona RS100 and a  Dayton Audio ND28F-6 1-1/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter for each channel . Now  here are the spec charts for both



















Daytona RS100
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
Power Handling (RMS)      30 Watts 
Power Handling (max)      60 Watts 
Impedance      8 ohms 
Frequency Response      87 to 20,000 Hz 
Sensitivity      85.6 dB 1W/1m 
Voice Coil Diameter      1" 


Daytona ND28F-6
Specifications: • Power handling: 30 watts RMS/60 watts max • VCdia: 1" • Le: 0.08 mH • Impedance: 6 ohms • Re: 5.4 ohms • Frequency range: 2,200-20,000 Hz • Fs: 1,097 Hz • SPL: 88.4 db 1W/1m • Qms: 2.16 • Qes: 2.94 • Qts: 1.24 • Dimensions: Overall diameter: 2.56", Cutout diameter: 1.71", Depth: 0.77"


Here are my questions.

What should i set my frequency response at, I was thinking 80hz.?
should i send any base the the drivers in this case at all?

Guys I am new to all the calibration stuff and can use any help that i can get . I would like to set it up right this time.

Did you build someone's design or roll your own? Modeling the cabinet design will answer your question. Also what are you using for a crossover?

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

 

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

AV Science Sales 5 is online now  
post #6 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tkarns24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: military move a lot
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post


Did you build someone's design or roll your own? Modeling the cabinet design will answer your question. Also what are you using for a crossover?


I went with my own. i am using a Daytona 3 way

tkarns24 is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
tkarns24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: military move a lot
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJoa View Post

I would say although your speaker starts to roll so earlier, it will still benifit from a high passed. 80hz is good staring point.
I run my full range and my speaker roll around 70 hz in sealed with sub cross around 50 hz. It all depends how lound you play and the overall integration.


80hz  enen if the driver say 87hz

what do you mean by overall intergration

tkarns24 is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
RicardoJoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 614
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkarns24 View Post


80hz  enen if the driver say 87hz
what do you mean by overall intergration

Looks like you are finishing up your three way desing. Sorry i thought it was some kind of subwoofer integration.
Check DIY section.
RicardoJoa is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off