Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 37 Old 07-17-2013, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post

Ha, you made me listen to it again. Damn, the last minute or so is incredible I just keep turning it up - goosebumps.

I hear cymbals all over the front soundstage but no more in the right than left.

Have you tried tweaking your distance settings? Increase your distance settings of the "lesser" speaker by a few inches. This means the sound from the "lesser" speaker will get to you a hair quicker which might solve your soundstage issue, it did for me.

Ok i give that a go right quick there both at 9.0

Ok i turn the left to 8.6. and left the right at 8.7 now i can hear the drum from bass Bass Guitar dead center

But this also makes tv shows really screwy like they leaning to left but movies seem to be sound alright.Guess its just the tv show issues on dtv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu4000 View Post

Ok i give that a go right quick there both at 9.0

Ok i turn the left to 8.6. and left the right at 8.7 now i can hear the drum from bass Bass Guitar dead center

But this also makes tv shows really screwy like they leaning to left but movies seem to be sound alright.Guess its just the tv show issues on dtv.

Hmm, music and movies both good not tv... do you have the same surround setting on your receiver for both movies and tv?
post #33 of 37 Old 07-17-2013, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hmm, music and movies both good not tv... do you have the same surround setting on your receiver for both movies and tv?

Yep same settings might try to curve the left in a little bit more might be too far out.

I'm thinking its more the distance cause i try evil dead 2013 the rain scene with my center channel on kinda makes the sound lean but with it off the front to seem center so i now gotta find the correct distance for the center channel.

Whats a good way of setting the delay?try tape mesure but that makes the sound odd sounding.
post #34 of 37 Old 07-18-2013, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Can't really put my surrounds on the side so i have to use them as rears angle at the sitting spot is that ok?The only other way to get them side to side is get some ceiling speakers.I was looking at these if i had to go that route http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-RC80i-In-Ceiling-Speakers/dp/B00006BMQT and the 8inch version.
post #35 of 37 Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu4000 View Post

Yep same settings might try to curve the left in a little bit more might be too far out.

I'm thinking its more the distance cause i try evil dead 2013 the rain scene with my center channel on kinda makes the sound lean but with it off the front to seem center so i now gotta find the correct distance for the center channel.

Whats a good way of setting the delay?try tape mesure but that makes the sound odd sounding.

Can you use the Audyssey delays and adjust manually from there? I have a Pioneer Elite receiver and use the MCACC calibration ONLY for the distance settings and then tweak that right speaker from there setting the distance a few inches further on that speaker.
post #36 of 37 Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Can you use the Audyssey delays and adjust manually from there? I have a Pioneer Elite receiver and use the MCACC calibration ONLY for the distance settings and then tweak that right speaker from there setting the distance a few inches further on that speaker.

I'm pretty sure got front 3 speakers dial in right just surrounds im working on now.I watch a few tv shows last night with some laughter what i got some is center some are from all 3 front speakers and some alter from left and right pretty sure that's how these shows was recorded in.I had to boost my center from what audyssey gave me 7.5 to 5.5. I just hate how audyssey boost surrounds so much.I watch smallville today on tv and can hear the talking from surrounds but i wasn't in the sweet spot.
post #37 of 37 Old 07-19-2013, 06:28 AM - Thread Starter

Sounds like i got the 2 front and rear but having a small issue with my center.I'm going try my best to explain it but it's like you can hear the voices it kinda leans left a tiny bit like it's coming from the driver.This is when watching movies by the way.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr 1612 Receiver , Polk Audio Am6095 B Monitor60 Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black Each
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page