Looking for on-wall speakers - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 39 Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Aren't the Motion speakers rear ported though? How do these sound mounted to a wall?

Since Martin Logan makes rear ported speakers designed to wall mount, and I have the Motion 4s wall mounted myself ( and the Motion FX speakers are obviously designed to be wall mounted, and are rear ported - I have 4 of them wall mounted ), I'd say they sound great.
Quote:
How well would the ESL speakers work as front LR speakers? It seems like they might be more suited/marketed for surrounds.

Seriously? Those are best used as front L / R speakers for sure. Although, if you wanted to put them all around you in a 5.1 or 7.1 system, I'd be facinated to hear the result. I'm pretty sure it would be a one of a kind cool setup! smile.gif

http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/em-esl.php

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Seriously? Those are best used as front L / R speakers for sure. Although, if you wanted to put them all around you in a 5.1 or 7.1 system, I'd be facinated to hear the result. I'm pretty sure it would be a one of a kind cool setup! smile.gif

http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/em-esl.php[/quote]

Sorry Craig,I meant to type EFX. How well would the EFX speakers work as front LR?
post #33 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post

If you go with the L820, LC2 you will not be disappointed. You could even go with 3 LC2 for LCRs.
The way to get around that is to not let it exist. Been there, done that. lol

How much improvement would I see in going with 3 LC2 for LCRs? I probably won't be able to get that much out of my Imagine Bs and C when I go to sell them, but it's worth looking into.

Current HT components:
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
BenQ W1070
Elite Screens VMAX2 106" electric 16:9 1.1 gain
PSB Imagine B fronts, PSB Imagine C center, Boston Acoustic surrounds
Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Custom HTPC
post #34 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob_s View Post

How much improvement would I see in going with 3 LC2 for LCRs? I probably won't be able to get that much out of my Imagine Bs and C when I go to sell them, but it's worth looking into.
You get more mid-bass output as there are two 6" drivers. There have been a few people who have run 3 LC2. Of coarse, you need to have the wall space for the extra length of the boxes.
post #35 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DHD View Post

You get more mid-bass output as there are two 6" drivers. There have been a few people who have run 3 LC2. Of coarse, you need to have the wall space for the extra length of the boxes.

The extra mid-bass would be nice to have, but isn't hugely important for me. I think the price and dimensions of the speakers will prove itself to be more important. smile.gif

Current HT components:
Yamaha Aventage RX-A2000
BenQ W1070
Elite Screens VMAX2 106" electric 16:9 1.1 gain
PSB Imagine B fronts, PSB Imagine C center, Boston Acoustic surrounds
Logitech Harmony Ultimate
Custom HTPC
post #36 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Sorry Craig,I meant to type EFX. How well would the EFX speakers work as front LR?

If you need to have your speakers wall mounted, as opposed to sitting on the floor, I think they would be excellent speakers. Would you be mounting them next to a flat screen display ?

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Direct Line - 585-671-2972
I'm available 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday Email me at craig@avscience.com
http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, Klipsch, and many more!
post #37 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post

If you need to have your speakers wall mounted, as opposed to sitting on the floor, I think they would be excellent speakers. Would you be mounting them next to a flat screen display ?

They would be mounted next to a 104 inch screen. My screen wall is sunk in a bit with shelves built into the wall. I am using . Golden Ear supersat 50's for LR and 50 C for center. Just looking for other options for on wall speakers.
post #38 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 04:59 PM

Well don't know your budget, but you can go with triad onwall bronze LCR, or even better triad onwall silver LCR (its a custom version already designed but you wont find them in the webpage)
post #39 of 39 Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milll36 View Post

Well don't know your budget, but you can go with triad onwall bronze LCR, or even better triad onwall silver LCR (its a custom version already designed but you wont find them in the webpage)

Just starting to get the upgrade bug, don't really have a budget yet. Was just seeing what would be a step or two up from the Golden Ear 50's. Triad and Martin Logan have been on my list for a while. I'll have to get to my dealer and see what he has to demo, and check prices.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Jbl L820 Four Way Speaker , Jbl Lc2 4 Way High Performance 6 Inch Dual Wall Mountable Center Channel Loudspeaker Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page