Newbie to home theater, need advice - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was out of town for the last 10 days or so, therefore, I couldn't reply back earlier

Smasher: Didn't get a chance to look at those receivers. Will do that sometime soon.

I agree with you, ien2, may be we will be one of those people who just want something that's better than tv speakers. There is someone, RMK!, in Sacramento who has posted in that thread to demo their system. Since I am a complete noob, is it a good idea to look at someone's system, not knowing what their system is worth?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 08-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Liked: 41
It would couldn't hurt any at the very least. But most likely if you can spend a bit of time listening to it and asking questions you'll come out ahead regardless of the price of the system. Bring some of your own material with to play on it be it music and/or movies. Since you'll be familiar with it you'll notice the change in sound from what you are used to. Also ask them if the have something that really highlights their system and give that a listen to.

For RMK! in particular, I believe he's running JTR's which are far outside your price range. Listening to them may give you an indication as to whether or not you'll feel the need to go big in the future smile.gif. I'd just explain the situation you're in, that you're new to this and though your budget will be considerably smaller that you'd like to see his system and get some help as to what to look for in speakers. Who knows, maybe he'll take you to Best Buy also and go over some speakers there if you're lucky.
post #33 of 35 Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

That is a good advice, ien2. I am going to send a message to RMK, lets see how it goes. Really hoping to get lucky with RMK, as you say, that will be swesome smile.gif
post #34 of 35 Old 08-05-2013, 07:03 PM

Liked: 41
post #35 of 35 Old 10-23-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

I am back seeking advice. Got busy with life, and this home theater project went on back-burner. I still have to buy a receiver, hopefully, Frys will have that E400 on sale again, soon.

I see that Newegg has the Polk Audio Monitor60 Series II Floorstanding Loudspeaker on sale for 99.99 each. Is it a good deal? Should I buy them now or wait till BF..it is just around the corner now. May be I will get a good deal on the complete set at the same time. Whats the opinion of experts here, are there good deals on BF? I am planning to go for a 7.1 setup.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr E400 , Infinity Primus Two Way Pc251 Speaker
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page