Want to use pre existing ceiling mounted speakers with AV system for music only not dvd/blu ray - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-25-2013, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I just moved into a different house. There is already ceiling mounted speakers through out the house. 2 on the main floor (kitchen and dining room) which share a volume control on the wall in the kitchen, and two upstairs (Master bedroom and master bath) which share a volume volume control on the wall in the bedroom. The volume control also acts as power control due to the fact that if you turn the knob all the way down, it clicks and shuts those speakers off. The speakers are all grouped together with one wall outlet to plug into an AV system mounted in the living room.

I am in the market for a home theater system for the living room. I can't afford to buy the biggest and best system out there, but I do want a nice one. My question is this... What kind of system do I need if I want to have a surround sound theater experience in the living room using speakers that I will buy with the system with out having the DVD/Bluray sound come out of the pre existing ceiling speakers? I would still like to hook them up and use them when playing music from a computer or phone though.

Do I need a multi channel system? Or is there a way to make a single zone system work? Do I need a 7.1 system? Or will a 5.1 work?

As you can tell, I don't know much about this.... HELP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-25-2013, 08:32 AM
D_M

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
lguppy113,

You need a AVR with multi-zone functionality.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page