Audio system for my liquor store? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I am kind of new here. I was looking around for a audio system for my liquor store and realized I had no clue what I needed. I found this site and am hoping someone can help. I have a pretty standard size liquor store, about 3000 sq ft of retail area and I want to play some music in the background to create a nice atmosphere. I was looking to play some light jazz, something not too loud so I don't think I need a really high end sound system. I was wondering what I should look for like how many Watts and do I need an amplifier?. I plan on connecting it to my computer and playing some music from there. One of the systems I was looking at was this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6524873&CatId=4596 . Would it serve my purpose or will I need a amplifier and a different system? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 284
I would look at a pair of active speakers that you can plug directly in to your computer. What is your budget for this?
ravis51 likes this.

Living Room
Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon DBP-1611 | Roku 3
Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12

Computer
Topping TP23 | NHT SuperZero 2.0 | Velodyne DEQ-8R
post #3 of 5 Old 07-26-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
What's the budget? If you want to do this the right way it's going to cost more than 90 bucks. If you want even coverage throughout the space, I'd suggest 4-6 bookshelf or in-ceiling speakers and the accompanying amplification.
ravis51 likes this.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-26-2013, 10:31 AM

Liked: 17
I would stay away from something like what you found at tiger Direct. Your store is sizable and you should do it the right way. I am going to assume your store has a drop ceiling. Focus your research at in-ceiling speakers and you'll want to do a 70 volt system. With a 70 volt speaker system you can daisy chain the speakers together so wire running is easy, going in-ceiling will give you good coverage without having to install a lot of speakers, and they are unobtrusive. Then you'll want to look for a 70 volt amplifier. They have 70 volt amplifiers that have volume control, and multiple inputs so you can hook up your computer and anything else. Sonos is really popular for stores like yours, it's basically FREE internet radio that you can control from your Android or I phone.

For the amplifier I think that 120 watts would be sufficient and you'll want to tap the speakers at anywhere from 2-6 watts. Just be careful you don't exceed the amplifier rating. For example: you have 8 speakers and you tap them at 4 watts. Well that's 32 watts. Well within the 120 watt limit of your amplifier. Good luck!
ravis51 likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-26-2013, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks everyone for the input. I am willing to spend up to $250 on this of it is really necessary.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page