NHT Pro A-10 Unit Question??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-27-2013, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I currently own a NHT Pro A-10 monitor system.. the power amp, original speakers, and the "special" XLR cables it comes with and like an idiot I agreed to let a friend of mine run his micro korg through it, and blew the speakers... Ugh.

Anyway I'm contemplating either a new setup, or possibly replacing the speaker innards. The power amp is in good condition so I was curious if anyone had any advice on whether or not I should get new passive speakers that I could still use with the power amp? Or replace the fried cones? Or just go a completely new route with a different monitor system entirely? I've done a good bit of mixing through them and have liked the results with the intention of upgrading later down the road, yet after this little screw up I'm unable to decide what route to go.

The system specs are as follows:
Name A-10

Type Integrated, Self-Powered Near/Midfield Monitor

Configuration 2-way, Acoustic Suspension

Woofer 6.5" treated paper

Midrange -

Tweeter 1" soft fabric dome

Magnetic Shielding Full

Amplifier Power 150W

Amplifier Power 300W

Amplifier Input Impedance 22kohm XLR/TRS

Peak Acoustic Output 116 dB SPL

Residual Hum/Noise <10 dB SPL

THD @ 90 dB SPL <0.8%

Crossover Frequency 2.5kHz

Crossover Slopes 6dB HP/12dB LP

I'd be thankful for any advice!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-27-2014, 05:53 PM

Liked: 10
I'd be surprised if you still have the A-10 system. But if you do, you wont find many people talking about them, its a system that generates little buzz, given their big sound. The system flies well under the radar for most since they were marketed as a pro audio monitor system. They sound damn good mid-field too. No legions of owners but who wants to be a part of the me too crowd anyway smile.gif

Well worth repairing if you can find parts. Otherwise you may be out of luck. The crossover is in the amp so youd have to find the exact a-10 speakers and low capacitance cables ( or the original red nht ones) . Lots of variables , but the system does show up from time to time on auction. Id take them over most of the current models in the $900 price range.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-27-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
Did you contact NHT directly? You should. They're not like other speaker companies, and I mean that in a good way.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page