used KLF 20 what would you pay? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-02-2013, 11:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
There is a guy selling a pair for 600 firm and I think that is a tad high, also a 250 for a c7 center. Would you guys say thats fair or is he high with his prices?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-04-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 439
I'd.buy them, before someone else does. Offer less, if you think he'll take less, but $$$ talks.

Will I find La Scala, or better, to displace my La Scala fronts, before I displace my kg1, kg2 & kg3 with Heresy or better?

RED AND BLUE=MAROON!
post #3 of 7 Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 256
If the KLF-20s were in really good condition that may be a fair price but you would need to hear them first to make sure they don't "rattle." The reason I say this is because over on the Klipsch Owners Thread some have posted that this could be a possibility because of some of the early models released...that said, I own a pair that have some scratches but sound awesome and have never rattled....I can't bring myself to sell them because I think they are worth more than what I consider a "fair" used market price on 15 year old speakers.

Even if the C-7 has some blemishes but is still in working order, I can't imagine you finding a better bang for your buck for that price paired with the KLF-20s. Heck, even if the 20's aren't pristine, that Front Soundstage would be hard to beat for under $1K (and everything is in working order). My 2 cents.
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
x2!

I purchased the KG 5.5's (KG was the next series down from the KLF) new in '93 ($700) and added the C7 in '98 ($275). It was a very fun system that I ended up selling to a good buddy (along with SS-1 surrounds and a SW-15 II sub) in '03 when I decided I wanted to broaden my speaker horizons ($500 for the 5.5's and $250 for the C7...both mint). My buddy then decided to sell them in '10 when he made a move to in-walls. I strongly resisted the urge to buy them back (as I needed more speakers like I needed more holes in my head); he sold them to a friend of his for what he gave me in '03.

If they are in nice shape, Klipsch (or any quality brand really) speakers will bottom out and then carry a consistent value through the years. Checking eBay, there's only been one pair sold in the last 10 weeks and they went for $404 at the end of May. There is a pair currently listed for $650. I would say $600 is in the right ballpark if they are nice...

I believe the the 'rattles' come from the the mdf panel's joints loosening up. Repair can be quite problematic if the speaker still has a nice finish on it... wink.gif
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
If this is from Craiglist Dallas which i believe it is, I already bought the C7 from him. His 20's are mint condition with original box minus a little scratch seen in picture. I think he will take $500 for the KLF 20 pair. I would buy this set in a heart beat if I have room for them.
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

If this is from Craiglist Dallas which i believe it is, I already bought the C7 from him. His 20's are mint condition with original box minus a little scratch seen in picture. I think he will take $500 for the KLF 20 pair. I would buy this set in a heart beat if I have room for them.
Can you pm me his number I cant find his add anywhere anymore. And would love to buy the 20's ASAP
SanchoPanza likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-05-2013, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
PM sent.
SanchoPanza likes this.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version