Home theater build help - need receiver, sub and floor for use w Polk cs2 and monitor 40s. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright guys need some ideas for planning out my new theater room I'm building - below is what the current plan is.

Tv - Panasonic tc-p65st60
Center -Polk monitor cs2
Surround -Polk monitor 40s ( currently using 40s as my front speakers - cs2 definitely over powers them)
Sub - nothing yet (currently using onkyo htib sub, receiver, and surrounds with my Polk monitors and cs2) was thinking maybe the psw505?
Receiver - nothing yet - and honestly I'm not really sure where to start - I don't think I'll going more than 5.1 although future proof is always nice - you guys know my overall budget so any ideas I'm open to - no receiver brand bias here do whatever seems to work well powering polks

Budget is limited (total on the new build is $3k or less, including the tv- raises the discussion if the extra 5" of diagonal is worth the 500$ or so but that's a tangent lol).

Any advice would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-06-2013, 10:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also need floor standing fronts - monitor 55t?
post #3 of 5 Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Polk Monitors seem like the logical choice to me. I'm not a big fan of Polk specifically because the lowest of their low end came with a computer I purchased years ago and I have held a grudge ever since. Anyway, timbre match between towers and center seems to be a pretty big part of recommendations here.

If you cannot afford them while you purchase take a look on the used market.

Fry's electronics and Amazon usually have pretty good deals Polk and like brands. I picked up some P363's from Infinity for $99 a piece that would work very well in your setup but I haven't seen them at that price in a while.

I'm unclear how much you're spending on the TV. Amazon at a quick glance seems to list it at $2400 when the p65s60 is only $1400. If you're getting the first it looks like you'll have about $600 to spend. I'd probably get the best towers I could buy and add a sub later. A lot of decent quality towers may reduce your need for a sub at least until you can purchase one. The 65T from polk looks like it might fit your build for $209. If you wanted to throw in a sub with the remainder after that build you could get a BIC F12. It isn't a great sub by any means but it would be better than a HTiB I'd bet.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorybasket39 View Post

Also need floor standing fronts - monitor 55t?

55T and 65T seem like they'd be pretty good.

Edit: for lack of a third post... You can look at the Denon 1613 and see if it would fit your needs.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Hey guys...

I ordered a Pinnacle Sub for my dad's little soundbar setup a birthday or so ago...

Do you think this is this too little for what I need? Based on what was discussed about HSU/Dayton Custom/PB12

http://tech.woot.com/offers/dual-12-800w-powered-subwoofer-3
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page