Adam F7 Versus Emotiv Airmotiv 5/6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm going to be spending around this price range. I will also get a good DAC so that isn't a huge factor.

I've seen good reviews of the Airmotiv 6's but I can't really find Much on the F! F7 is fairly new and I can't find good comparison reviews. There a few on audio sites and some bad youtube reviews.

I loved the A7X when I heard it in person. It blew me away, however I can't afford them it's just not happening even the A5X is out of the range. The few reviews I've read are mixed.

It also really sucks cause I just missed the Airmotiv's being on sale by 2-3 days, I will wait for the factory sale if I have to, but they come out to $700 so a decent amount more if you don't get them on sale. The F7 is $400 only. If I wait for factor sale I can get Airmotiv 6 @ $550 and the Airmotiv 5 for same price as F7.

Thoughts?

(sorry to be stereotype new poster making first thread i've always been more a headphone guy so post on the head-fi etc forums)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The Airmotiv are rear-ported so clearance from a back wall is mandatory for good sound. The power output of the Airmotiv 6 is more in line with the A7x but 100 watts supplied to the ribbon tweeter is questionable and probably a waste. The F7 is going to have a lower output but the 40w/60w might be good enough. My Airmotiv 5's are in the same power range and they are plenty loud enough for near-field listening at distances of 3 to 6 feet.

HD-DVD = 94
Blu-Ray = 120 ( 24 Warner red2blu )
post #3 of 3 Old 08-11-2013, 01:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzle View Post

I'm going to be spending around this price range. I will also get a good DAC so that isn't a huge factor.

I've seen good reviews of the Airmotiv 6's but I can't really find Much on the F! F7 is fairly new and I can't find good comparison reviews. There a few on audio sites and some bad youtube reviews.

I loved the A7X when I heard it in person. It blew me away, however I can't afford them it's just not happening even the A5X is out of the range. The few reviews I've read are mixed.

It also really sucks cause I just missed the Airmotiv's being on sale by 2-3 days, I will wait for the factory sale if I have to, but they come out to $700 so a decent amount more if you don't get them on sale. The F7 is $400 only. If I wait for factor sale I can get Airmotiv 6 @ $550 and the Airmotiv 5 for same price as F7.

Thoughts?

(sorry to be stereotype new poster making first thread i've always been more a headphone guy so post on the head-fi etc forums)

Isn't the f7 like $800 a pair? They're like $399 each. From this review: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-57586054-47/meet-the-new-champ-of-desktop-speakers-adam-audio-f5/ he does like the Adams better (not the f7, but close enough), but they do cost a bit more. The Airmotiv's on sale were definitely the better deal

[HT]

Energy RC-70 Rosenut
Energy RC-LCR Rosenut
Energy Veritas 1.0CM
SVS PC12-NSD
Pioneer SC-1522-K

[Desktop]

Emotiva Airmotiv 4

Sennheiser HD555 modded

Pics of my setup

Reply Speakers

User Tag List