Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 09:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

If you want to bluff, you could start the conversation with "I can bring them back if you can't price match and I need to return them. Just didn't want to haul them unless I have to" wink.gif

I called customer service in stead of going to the store since I bought online with store pickup. I said that since Amazon dropped under the Best Buy price that I was told to call customer service to get a price match. The person I spoke to said that they dont do a price match with Amazon after the sale, but only during the sale. They said best buy only matches in store price drops upto 15 days after the sale. But they said they will do a customer satisfaction credit in the amount of the price difference and I got that back. At least I didnt have to say that I will return the speakers. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_br View Post

I called customer service in stead of going to the store since I bought online with store pickup. I said that since Amazon dropped under the Best Buy price that I was told to call customer service to get a price match. The person I spoke to said that they dont do a price match with Amazon after the sale, but only during the sale. They said best buy only matches in store price drops upto 15 days after the sale. But they said they will do a customer satisfaction credit in the amount of the price difference and I got that back. At least I didnt have to say that I will return the speakers. smile.gif

That works pretty awesome considering you didn't have to go into the store at all smile.gif

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #33 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Yesterday after my post by curiosity since is been 3 years that I don't visit the store or go to their website ,I decide to type on google search, best buy price match amazon and I found out that they started to price match no too long ago ,but they always find the way around, like the example on the post above ,no price match after purchase.

Well at least they are doing something now and I could probably visit the store again.

But I still prefer to buy online ,there are so much more choices and selections online.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos system for rooms/
post #34 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Yesterday after my post by curiosity since is been 3 years that I don't visit the store or go to their website ,I decide to type on google search, best buy price match amazon and I found out that they started to price match no too long ago ,but they always find the way around, like the example on the post above ,no price match after purchase.

Well at least they are doing something now and I could probably visit the store again.

But I still prefer to buy online ,there are so much more choices and selections online.

Target and Best Buy (and I think Walmart, but i haven't tried it yet) have been price matching each other and other stores like toys r us, kmart etc and online retailers at least since Christmas. To price match amazon it has to be shipped and sold by amazon, never third party. I heard that BB also price matches Newegg and some other onlne stores.
post #35 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I know about the local stores price matching ,that have been around for long time ,I was referring about online retailers.I also know about the amazon third party sellers.

The price match that I was trying to get 3 years ago was directly from amazon no third party.it wasn't a problem for me to paid taxes they just refused ,this was a problem that finally they are trying to fix, because online retailers were winning on sales. Well they still winning. But this will help then to survive.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos system for rooms/
post #36 of 38 Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Well I went to Best Buy today and opted to go for the Pioneer deal they are having. I told the guy I wanted two of the towers and a pair of the bookshelves. He went up to the rafters and grabbed them for me. However, he only grabbed one of the towers and the bookshelves. His coworker and I looked at one another and was wondering if he was all done since he only grabbed one tower. His coworker said, "Uh, you want him to only have one tower up front?" The guy says, "Oh, you want to have two of them?" I just smiled and said, "Yes please."

Anyway, I have only been listening to these for an hour or so, and let me say, I can't believe I purchased these towers for only $87 each. I haven't tried the bookshelves yet, but these towers sound absolutely amazing. What's crazy is that there was a Klipsh tower that was priced at $459 EACH, which would be $920 for just two towers. I compared that tower to the Pioneer and I could never justify paying the premium for the Klipsh. It sounded alright, but for $375 less I would take the pioneer each and every time. For those who are unsure about whether to get these, you owe it to yourself to get these.

And rest assured about their ability to drive well. I have the Denon 1613 and I had them at around -30db with pleasant listening levels. This is such a bargain. I had $100 in gift cards and so with the sale I got the two towers and bookshelves for $178.
post #37 of 38 Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 PM

So would you purchase the Pioneers over Infinity's or Polk's at the same entry points?
post #38 of 38 Old 12-26-2013, 05:05 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120 View Post

Thanks for the reading. That was quite nice. Sounds like he was quite impressed. The one drawback I read was that the BS-22's are not really meant for wall mounting, which is unfortunate because my plan is to purchase wall mounts for the surrounds. I wonder if there is a mount to get around this issue.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X9O8SI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1YX7EB80E4EIU

And then use some blu-tack. Not really a solution if you want them facing out and not sideways since the speakers are rear-ported. Works for me though since the loveseat is against the wall.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Andrew Jones Designed Bookshelf Loudspeakers Sp Bs22 Lr , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp C22 Center Channel Speaker , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Bic America F12 12 Inch 475 Watt Front Firing Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page