Martin Logan MLT-2 VS Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-20-2013, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 242
I've been looking to upgrade my Martin Logan MLT-2 set by starting with the front L/R/C channels. My plan is to replace the fronts, the center, and the sub, keeping the MLT-2 satellites for the surrounds and eventually the rear.

Quite frankly I don't know squat about speaker brands so I really need some assistance here. BB has the Pioneer SP-FS52-LR Andrew Jones floorstanding speakers for $88.00/ea and the SP-C22 for $69.00 which would make this a $270.00 purchase with tax included.

These would be used mostly for movies and sports with a Denon 1713 for the AVR. Our room is 14x22 with the TV on one of the 14' walls. My biggest complaint is that sometimes the MLT-2's, especially the center channel seem a bit harsh and thin at times. I'd like a fuller and richer sound. so the core of it is for less than $300.00 would the sound be improved enough to justify the purchase, or should I hold off a bit until I have a bigger budget? Or is it possible that I need to readjust the placement and setup of my current speakers?

Thanks!

Looky here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
The Pioneers would be a good purchase for the money. Much better than the MLT-2 speakers as front 3.
robnix likes this.

Afro GT
post #3 of 4 Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

The Pioneers would be a good purchase for the money. Much better than the MLT-2 speakers as front 3.

Thanks! Going to go pick them up tomorrow then.

Looky here!
post #4 of 4 Old 08-21-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Thanks again, the difference is pretty dramatic at times. After setup and Audyssey calibration we noticed the following:

Dialogue is much clearer.
Background sounds are more distinct. We heard school hallways sounds in Paranorman that we'd never heard before.
Lower frequencies have more range, it's not all or nothing anymore. The Apollo 13 liftoff was spectacular.

Looky here!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page