Just picked up a set of used RS6 MONITOR AUDIOS: NOW I NEED HELP finding....... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-20-2013, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi, i just picked up a set of black, good condition monitor audio RS6 for $400 dollars. I was going to purchase a used set of rx6s for $750, but i just couldn't really see or justify the extra $350 dollars when both speakers are nearly identical with the exception of one being warmer and the other one being brighter. I can't say that the extra $350 dollars which is almost double the price of the used RS6's would mean that the rx6s would perform twice as good which is what made me make this decision.
That being said, i also bought the RS LCR center channel for $50 dollars (it has a blown tweeter) and now i have contacted monitor audio to get a replacement tweeter for it.

Here are my questions:

can the tweeter from the RX6 work with the RS LCR center channel?
does anyone here have an idea more or less how much is the tweeter for the rs line?
lastly, what surround speakers would you recommend? i was thinking of the RX1 OR RX2, but dont really know which one to choose.
I am running my entire set up with the marantz 7007 receiver used as a preamp and the rotel rmb 1095 which means there is a lot of clean power going to them.

any help would be appreciated guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 323
You'd be better off reposting in the monitor audio thread as they'd probably be able to answer your questions. I have rx8s and the folks there know their stuff.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page