Requesting some input on new speaker system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I'm new 'round here and this looks like a great place for some advice. Having suffered a fire recently, my BP3000 fronts, BP2000 rears and CLR3000 center speaker are pushing harp music only these days, and due to the insurance people dillying and dallying their rears off, I find my initial replacement wishlist impossible by two weeks with DefTech canceling the 7000s. This leaves me going in circles trying to decide wtf. First blush, I think 4 8080STs, and center CS-8080, and a Supercube Reference to help make up the difference. google google google, and I'm thinking Mythos ST for the fronts, Studio Monitor 65s for rear, Mythos Ten for center with an SVS Ultra 13.

Comparing the Myrhos ST to the 8080 spec-wise would have the Mythos in the lead, but it has 1 less tweeter, 1 less midrange, less power for a sub system with less surface area, but somehow it is more efficient by 1 dB, and goes deeper??? How matched/mismatched would the Studio Monitor be [how similar are the various BDMS 51/4s]???? About the only thing I'm sure of is going for the SVS sub, that I can't wait for!

So, I realize a lot of this may have been discussed, but please, just point me, 990 pages!, and there's a lot of other stuff doing that harp thing! Any infos/assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

EDIT-Forgot DefTech owners thread was a thread, so I meant this to go there, shoulda just replied, please move me if that is the way to go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechtheist View Post

Hi, I'm new 'round here and this looks like a great place for some advice. Having suffered a fire recently, my BP3000 fronts, BP2000 rears and CLR3000 center speaker are pushing harp music only these days, and due to the insurance people dillying and dallying their rears off, I find my initial replacement wishlist impossible by two weeks with DefTech canceling the 7000s. This leaves me going in circles trying to decide wtf. First blush, I think 4 8080STs, and center CS-8080, and a Supercube Reference to help make up the difference. google google google, and I'm thinking Mythos ST for the fronts, Studio Monitor 65s for rear, Mythos Ten for center with an SVS Ultra 13.

Comparing the Myrhos ST to the 8080 spec-wise would have the Mythos in the lead, but it has 1 less tweeter, 1 less midrange, less power for a sub system with less surface area, but somehow it is more efficient by 1 dB, and goes deeper??? How matched/mismatched would the Studio Monitor be [how similar are the various BDMS 51/4s]???? About the only thing I'm sure of is going for the SVS sub, that I can't wait for!

So, I realize a lot of this may have been discussed, but please, just point me, 990 pages!, and there's a lot of other stuff doing that harp thing! Any infos/assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

EDIT-Forgot DefTech owners thread was a thread, so I meant this to go there, shoulda just replied, please move me if that is the way to go.

Sent you a PM. smile.gif

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales
Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com

Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/

Call for B-stock projectors

Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page