AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post

Jeff,

Are you using DSP-30/DSP-3/DSP-4 (2in/2out) units, or the Basis/Rave (8in/8out) units by chance? I have a few Basis, but am looking for a few more. smile.gif

(sorry for the hijack)

Hi

I am going to be selling:
4 QSC DSP-4 (2 in/ 2 out)
1 QSC DSP-30 ((2 in/ 2 out)

Thanks!

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 08-28-2013, 11:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 408
The THX post processing rolls off the highs like in a theater so could help but again, he does not have this so it won't matter. He liked his old speakers in his room the way it is and the new speakers are controlled directivity designed. He is most likely getting much more reflective sound off the back wall and back sides due to the directivity. The Logan's are dipole? He was getting more reflective sound from the front wall and side walls? Treating the room is always a great idea and much better than just applying Eq or whatever.
post #33 of 38 Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

It depends a lot on the speakers. With my old speakers, Audyssey flat was a little harsh when turned up real loud. With my current speakers Audyssey flat sounds very good. This is in the same room using the same setup.

Right on. Is the Audessey Flat setting a MultEQ XT-32 feature? My Onkyo NR-809 with MultEQ XT does not have that feature.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #34 of 38 Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 248
My denon 2312 has audyssey flat and it uses multeq xt. Probably worded differently on your receiver.
post #35 of 38 Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I prefer horns and am moving to a PHC set up (Pro Audio Technology). I'm selling my excellent QSC DSPs/EQ and moving to Trinnov room correction to tame my horns (and my room is fully treated)!

Good luck!

Good call......

PHC ie. Proaudio Tech's were the best horn loaded speakers I ran across and came close to purchasing. Long story.......

With Trinnov, I presume you won't use DSP in PHC amps......or will you? Or are you going to use something else to power? Just curious.......
post #36 of 38 Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublewing11 View Post

Good call......

PHC ie. Proaudio Tech's were the best horn loaded speakers I ran across and came close to purchasing. Long story.......

With Trinnov, I presume you won't use DSP in PHC amps......or will you? Or are you going to use something else to power? Just curious.......

Still working that out. May use the amps' crossovers.

Still considering Seaton's as well but need to get a few answers from Mark. Mark will likely do the subs at a minimum - he's the man.

Excited to get started but still planning.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #37 of 38 Old 08-30-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You need to angle them, also, position them using the equilateral triangle setup. Angle is super important. Try aim it and you, aim it before you, aim it after you.

Audyssey will help a lot, REW too. These are not the easiest speaker to position.

Also, turn off any "enhancer" function in your receiver.

Plus, I think you are sitting too close to these speakers. Your room may not be big enough for them.
post #38 of 38 Old 08-30-2013, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddig View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Science Sales 5 View Post

It depends a lot on the speakers. With my old speakers, Audyssey flat was a little harsh when turned up real loud. With my current speakers Audyssey flat sounds very good. This is in the same room using the same setup.

Right on. Is the Audessey Flat setting a MultEQ XT-32 feature? My Onkyo NR-809 with MultEQ XT does not have that feature.

Different avr manufactures have different names for the same setting. Denon and Marantz call it audyssey flat while Onkyo and Integra call it audyssey music. And your 809 does indeed have the audyssey music setting, I use it frequently on my 809. wink.gif

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
LOL!
Why you wouldn't want to join this forum
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page