Who Else Has This Multi-room Music Setup? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-26-2013, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Multi-room music is complete. Used 2 receivers, each powering speakers for a different room of the house. Using 2 Apple TV in these rooms to output music from iTunes. Using the iOS remote app, we now have Multi-room music. Either outputting to multiple locations or just one.

Who else has used Apple TVs or Airport Expresses to run multi room music?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-27-2013, 07:51 AM

I have 2 zones hooked up to one receiver on my main floor and a theater area in the basement. The two zone receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX60. It powers 4 in ceiling speakers in my living room and 2 speakers on the deck. It gets used a ton. The receiver is connected to the Internet, TV, PS3, HTPC and Airplay devices. The receiver does all the heavy lifting since it is network connected. We stream quite a bit of Disney Pandora! It is also used as the TV speakers. I think my wife likes it even more than I do. Music is almost always playing. It's very convenient with the ipad/phone Pioneer remote control app. We listen to more music now than we ever have in the past. The in ceiling speakers sound great too. It also keeps things looking clean as the receiver and PS3 are put away in the pantry and there are no speakers sitting around.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Sounds like you have a fantastic set up. And it's a big bonus when the other half enjoys the gear as well!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page