Speaker choices for Denon AVR 1610 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone I just recently snagged a Denon AVR 1610 for 100 dollars and am looking to purchase some speakers for it.

There are a couple i am looking at locally on craigslist. One gentleman has Polk monitor 60's for sale for 175 for the pair. Another im looking at has a Infinity Primus 250's or 360's (not confirmed on which ones yet) towers with an infinity Primus subwoofer that i think may be a 10 or 12 and a Harman Kardon Center speaker that I am not sure what model it is for 100 dollars. I am also looking on ebay at a pair of Polk Monitor 70 series II for less than 350 shipped as well as I was also looking at some Polk RT800's locally for 200 for the pair. I am pretty new to the world of Custom home theater builds with the speakers and all so kinda just reading past reviews and seeing how everyone likes their set ups.

My budget was 500 dollars and i still need to get a new Denon RC1120 remote because the guy did not tell me he didn't have it, i should of asked before going over there but he did knock off 20 dollars off the price so i guess its not that bad even though the new remotes cost 40 dollars :-/ . Anyways that leaves me with 400 to play with for speakers, if they come from best buy... it can be more as I have a card wtih them and they do lowest price guarantee.

The room will be putting them in is very open with 20+ ft ceilings (i live in a loft). I have a bookshelf that separates my bedroom from the living room and the upstairs loft is my closet. so I would say the room is about 20ft long by well 30ft wide. and the area i have my couch/TV etc is probably about 10 ft long by 12 wide. if you need photos i can add those later to help.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
Quote:
Another im looking at has a Infinity Primus 363 towers with an infinity Primus subwoofer that i think may be a 12 and a Harman Kardon Center speaker that I am not sure what model it is for 100 dollars.

So you can get the infinity 363 towers and a subwoofer for $100? If so you should jump on that deal.

Afro GT
post #3 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Hey thanks man, yeah thats what i figured too. I think from the pictures actually they are primus 250's or 360's. The guy wont be back in town until next monday, so I will try and take a look at them tuesday.

Now what about the Polks? Should i snag the monitor 60's for 175 or should i try and push for a lower price.

thanks for the reply!

Photos of the infinitys and HK center

Photos of the Monitor 60's

post #4 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

And now a BIC F12 shows up on Craigslist for 125. I may have to snag that up since i dont know how well that infinity will perform.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 417
If you can get two Infinity P360's and a 10" - 12" subwoofer for $100 why bother looking at the Polks?

Afro GT
post #6 of 6 Old 08-30-2013, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Again I'm new to this, I figured maybe to use the infinitys or polks as surround speakers. then again I could just get a really nice center speaker since I'm not sure how nice that HK is.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr1610 5 1 Channel Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity
Gear in this thread - Avr1610 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page