Trade Klipsch Reference RF-7II.... for B&W CM10 is a good decision? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
MV_Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys, i've almost decided....i want to go B&W 803 Diamond (Front); B&W HTM2 (Center); B&W 805 (Back); 2 SVS Subs PB-13 Ultra.

The guy from the store says i should go for the B&W Sub, because it works better with B&W. but with the price of their sub, i buy 2 SVS Subs and still save €1000, and with the same Gloss Black finish. What is best?

Now, since i am investing on the speakers the Amplifier has to stay the same, the Pioneer SC-LX90.

Now the Susano allows Bi-Amplification. What do you guys think if i Bi-Amp the Fronts and Center channel, will i get more power?
The Susano provides 200w per channel. How much it will provide if Bi-Amp?

For now something has to be done, because i don't want to spend more money.
MV_Cinema is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Wait a minue, is this a joke? You said you ordered the thx ultra 2 earlier???
Cowboys is offline  
post #63 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
There is far better subs available thru ID companies for a lot less money then what a B&W sub would cost you IMO, and of course the sales guy will tell you that he's trying to sell you something.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #64 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 02:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Blackmambakila's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Wow I'm in a similar dilemma, after having cm8 series for 2 months with my home theater setup, I have some pros and cons, which is why I'm debating on getting Klipsch RF - 7 II set instead. The Bowers and Wilkins seem to be very clear and good and sound quality but because of their low speakers sensitivity im prob going to need an ex amp to get them enough power. Klipsch seems more aggressive, higher sensitivity so they're easier to power, and prob will have a larger sound stage. I'm trying to get bluerays to be a little louder but still clear. It's a hard choice between bowers and Wilkins verse Klipsch, I guess it depends on ones taste and goals.

80 in Sharp Aquos Quattron led 3d tv
Denon AVR-4520CI receiver DBT-3313UDCI blu ray player
Klipsch RF-82 II, RC-62 II, RS-62 II
Dual PSA Triaxes!
Xbox one, xbox 360 My Videos! >
Christmas Surprise! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJcmWTpBcm0
Triax! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhoKuxirdIg
http://...
Blackmambakila is offline  
post #65 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
MV_Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Wait a minue, is this a joke? You said you ordered the thx ultra 2 earlier???

Yes i said, and i did ordered them, but for my dedicated room. However the B&W go for my living room, it's a different area. But today i also talked to the Klipsch Dealer and since my order was recent, he could put it in stand by, because if i like this B&W setup i might go for B&W also for the Home Theater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

There is far better subs available thru ID companies for a lot less money then what a B&W sub would cost you IMO, and of course the sales guy will tell you that he's trying to sell you something.

That's the reason i am going to SVS, intead of B&W. But the seller from the store says the B&W Sub works better with B&W than mixing other brands... just a theory to respect.
MV_Cinema is offline  
post #66 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

But the seller from the store says the B&W Sub works better with B&W than mixing other brands... just a theory to respect.

Yeah, I my mind those kind of comments pretty much tell you that either (A) he just wants to sell you a sub or (B) doesn't know what he's talking about!...lol

Gotta love sales guys!..lol wink.gif
jbrown15 is online now  
post #67 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
^^i see. Have you considered Rythmik FV15hp sub? It is equal performance as the Ultra SVS if not better for less.
Cowboys is offline  
post #68 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Honestly, the JTR 228 is the best speaker I have heard within its price range and yes, it is better than those B&W you are considering in my opinion. The B&W you are considering are much better look speakers however. If you don't mind the look, you will be happy with JTR 228 or 212. It does not look like money is a subject for you, I would go with JTR sub(s) even.
Cowboys is offline  
post #69 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

^^i see. Have you considered Rythmik FV15hp sub? It is equal performance as the Ultra SVS if not better for less.

I certainly did back when I was looking at upgrading subs. But I really wanted to try out some sealed subs so I went with dual XS30's. IMO the XS30 was far better value/performance then what Rythmik had for sealed subs at the time. If the F25 had been available I might have gone with two of them, but it wasn't and Tom from PSA was the most responsive of all the companies that I emailed. And I got my subs at the pre-order pricing so at $2100 it was the best value at the time.

If I had went vented subs the FV15HP would have been one of the main subs I would have been considering.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #70 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
Member
 
green giant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Yes i said, and i did ordered them, but for my dedicated room. However the B&W go for my living room, it's a different area. But today i also talked to the Klipsch Dealer and since my order was recent, he could put it in stand by, because if i like this B&W setup i might go for B&W also for the Home Theater.
That's the reason i am going to SVS, intead of B&W. But the seller from the store says the B&W Sub works better with B&W than mixing other brands... just a theory to respect.

Safe to say since you are looking at an Internet Direct Brand, vs something he sells, that yes he is going to say that.

That's a bunch of B.S.

If he wants you to buy the B&W sub, he can offer you a better deal on it, but to outright lie that a sub will work better would have me taking my business elsewhere.
green giant is offline  
post #71 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter
 
MV_Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by green giant View Post

Safe to say since you are looking at an Internet Direct Brand, vs something he sells, that yes he is going to say that.

That's a bunch of B.S.

If he wants you to buy the B&W sub, he can offer you a better deal on it, but to outright lie that a sub will work better would have me taking my business elsewhere.

Yes exactly. I am buying the B&W because of a personal taste, not because he told me so. And when he came with the talk of the Sub, i could tell it was just talk.
He says there is several options to work with this and that series of B&W. So?! That's only saved memories from B&W Pre-Calibration that come form factory. 2 SVS Subs well calibrated will kick the ass of that B&W.

B&W has amazing speakers...and that's the reason i am buying them, but Subs? We have to go to the experts. Besides they also come with Gloss Black at the same price, so it's perfect.
MV_Cinema is offline  
post #72 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter
 
MV_Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Honestly, the JTR 228 is the best speaker I have heard within its price range and yes, it is better than those B&W you are considering in my opinion. The B&W you are considering are much better look speakers however. If you don't mind the look, you will be happy with JTR 228 or 212. It does not look like money is a subject for you, I would go with JTR sub(s) even.

Hi
The question is that i cannot put those speakers in my living room, that would mean divorce! LOL
And yes, unfortunelly monye means here, that's why i will keep my amp, instead of putting more power, at least for now.. smile.gif
But for me it will be a speaker for life...if that can be said smile.gif
MV_Cinema is offline  
post #73 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:07 PM
Senior Member
 
howaboutthat41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Yes i said, and i did ordered them, but for my dedicated room. However the B&W go for my living room, it's a different area. But today i also talked to the Klipsch Dealer and since my order was recent, he could put it in stand by, because if i like this B&W setup i might go for B&W also for the Home Theater.
That's the reason i am going to SVS, intead of B&W. But the seller from the store says the B&W Sub works better with B&W than mixing other brands... just a theory to respect.

No need to buy B&W subs. SVS has a terrific reputation and should serve you well. Karl Rubinson reviewed the B&W 804 recently, which you may wish to consider versus the 803s to save a bit of money if you end up with pair of powerful, musical subs. Cannot go wrong with the 803s, though, especially if you get a great deal. Either 805s or PM1s should handsomely address surround duties.

Hard to imagine Klipsch or JTR competing with this line of B&W speakers, at least for music, unless you dislike the so-called "British" sound (which you apparently do not).
howaboutthat41 is offline  
post #74 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
losservatore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,259
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 328
With b&w you are paying a very high price on aesthetics and name ,they sound good but you can get same sound quality in a less expensive speakers ,but if that's what you want ,then go ahead, is your money.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /2 PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000.
losservatore is offline  
post #75 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Hi
The question is that i cannot put those speakers in my living room, that would mean divorce! LOL

Well unless you had them made in some of the nice veneer options!...lol
Along with some matching stands.




jbrown15 is online now  
post #76 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Ok guys, i've almost decided....i want to go B&W 803 Diamond (Front); B&W HTM2 (Center); B&W 805 (Back); 2 SVS Subs PB-13 Ultra.

The guy from the store says i should go for the B&W Sub, because it works better with B&W. but with the price of their sub, i buy 2 SVS Subs and still save €1000, and with the same Gloss Black finish. What is best?

Now, since i am investing on the speakers the Amplifier has to stay the same, the Pioneer SC-LX90.

Now the Susano allows Bi-Amplification. What do you guys think if i Bi-Amp the Fronts and Center channel, will i get more power?
The Susano provides 200w per channel. How much it will provide if Bi-Amp?

For now something has to be done, because i don't want to spend more money.

Glad you found the speakers you want. Congrats smile.gif

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #77 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Those JTR look pretty nice. Still not really living room speakers but I like them.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #78 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Jbrown, which one are those beauty?
Cowboys is offline  
post #79 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Jbrown, which one are those beauty?

Huh?..lol
Do you mean which ones are mine?
jbrown15 is online now  
post #80 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
flyng_fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 3,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV_Cinema View Post

Ok guys, i've almost decided....i want to go B&W 803 Diamond (Front); B&W HTM2 (Center); B&W 805 (Back); 2 SVS Subs PB-13 Ultra.

The guy from the store says i should go for the B&W Sub, because it works better with B&W. but with the price of their sub, i buy 2 SVS Subs and still save €1000, and with the same Gloss Black finish. What is best?

Now, since i am investing on the speakers the Amplifier has to stay the same, the Pioneer SC-LX90.

Now the Susano allows Bi-Amplification. What do you guys think if i Bi-Amp the Fronts and Center channel, will i get more power?
The Susano provides 200w per channel. How much it will provide if Bi-Amp?

For now something has to be done, because i don't want to spend more money.

Passive biamping is just a gimmick. In actuality it does nothing to increase the power or improve the sound. I wouldn't worry about it.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
flyng_fool is offline  
post #81 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 10:04 PM
ap1
AVS Special Member
 
ap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambakila View Post

Wow I'm in a similar dilemma, after having cm8 series for 2 months with my home theater setup, I have some pros and cons, which is why I'm debating on getting Klipsch RF - 7 II set instead. The Bowers and Wilkins seem to be very clear and good and sound quality but because of their low speakers sensitivity im prob going to need an ex amp to get them enough power. Klipsch seems more aggressive, higher sensitivity so they're easier to power, and prob will have a larger sound stage. I'm trying to get bluerays to be a little louder but still clear. It's a hard choice between bowers and Wilkins verse Klipsch, I guess it depends on ones taste and goals.

Klipsch and B&W are so different, that if you like one - you will hate another. I suggest just get 200-300W amplifier and be done with it.
ap1 is online now  
post #82 of 329 Old 09-02-2013, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cowboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,346
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Huh?..lol
Do you mean which ones are mine?
Sorry, I meant which model are those speakers?
Cowboys is offline  
post #83 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,013
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post



Klipsch and B&W are so different, that if you like one - you will hate another. I suggest just get 200-300W amplifier and be done with it.

That's not true. I know a few people that have both brands and love both. Both brands offer something and I personally like both very much.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #84 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 12:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 6,589
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1240 Post(s)
Liked: 1202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post

Sorry, I meant which model are those speakers?

Those are the Quintuples, Jeff doesn't list them on his webpage any longer but I believe he still makes them for people as special ordered items.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #85 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter
 
MV_Cinema's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 434
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

Passive biamping is just a gimmick. In actuality it does nothing to increase the power or improve the sound. I wouldn't worry about it.

Tanks. So the fact the 803's work at 50-500w will not affect anything. I will have their quality, and when i want more power i just need to add a Poew Amplifier, or 2 monoblocks to the Front Channels, like Classe M600 for example.
MV_Cinema is offline  
post #86 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flyng_fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 3,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 156
You can add an amp later on down the road no problem. If you want to spend the type of money on a Classe that's your choice. However, many double blind tests have shown that there is no discernible difference between amps. As long as the amp has a low noise floor you can pretty much get any amp out there. Emotiva is a much better value than a boutique brand like Classe IMO. ATI is a very good amp as well.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
flyng_fool is offline  
post #87 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
oztech's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Houston Texas
Posts: 7,662
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reference_head View Post

That's not true. I know a few people that have both brands and love both. Both brands offer something and I personally like both very much.
I agree based on their upper end models .
oztech is offline  
post #88 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
TVMAN1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
I read the entire thread and I believe you are going about this all wrong.

Forget the specs for a second. It doesn't matter how sensitive these speakers are, that has NOTHING to do with how much detail they produce. It merely states how efficient they are at turning power into volume. (In a nutshell).

LISTEN to the music coming from the speakers. ANY of the ones your mentioning will go more than loud enough for your application. I've never strained a speaker at any volume in my theater room. You have more than enough power for anything.

Don't buy on spec. Buy on your ears!!
TVMAN1991 is offline  
post #89 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
flyng_fool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 3,860
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMAN1991 View Post

I read the entire thread and I believe you are going about this all wrong.

Forget the specs for a second. It doesn't matter how sensitive these speakers are, that has NOTHING to do with how much detail they produce. It merely states how efficient they are at turning power into volume. (In a nutshell).

LISTEN to the music coming from the speakers. ANY of the ones your mentioning will go more than loud enough for your application. I've never strained a speaker at any volume in my theater room. You have more than enough power for anything.

Don't buy on spec. Buy on your ears!!
This is somewhat true. Specs can tell you a lot about the speaker, but only if the manufacturer is telling the truth. You just have to know which ones are, and which ones aren't. klipsch is well known for overstating their specs, and B&W is known for having lousy response curves even though many really like the way they sound(Personally, I don't).

JTR is one of the few manufacturers that publishes real specs.

Television: Mitsubishi WD65737 DLP
Processor: Emotiva UMC-200
Amps: Carver AV 806x/Behringer EP4000
Mains: DCM TimeFrame 600 Center: AT 453C
Surrounds: AT 251.1 Sub: Danley DTS-10
Blu Ray: Panasonic DMP-BD655
flyng_fool is offline  
post #90 of 329 Old 09-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
TVMAN1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyng_fool View Post

This is somewhat true. Specs can tell you a lot about the speaker, but only if the manufacturer is telling the truth. You just have to know which ones are, and which ones aren't. klipsch is well known for overstating their specs, and B&W is known for having lousy response curves even though many really like the way they sound(Personally, I don't).

JTR is one of the few manufacturers that publishes real specs.

Right, but the fact that he already has a subwoofer and is worried about how loud they will go is not what he should be worried about! Lol
TVMAN1991 is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Cherry , Klipsch Rf7ii Reference Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Black B Stock , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker Cherry B Stock

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off