Powered center channel speaker - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 01-20-2014, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Jakeabone,, that my friend would be the dream set-up with A8/A77x/A8 up front and HR824 on the sides.. have only heard the A7x but from what i've read and studied can't imagine that not sounding incredible!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 01-20-2014, 12:27 PM

Right now, I have my HR824s on the fireplace mantle. I will have to find some heavy duty floor stands also when I move them to the sides. I'll let you know what I find...
post #33 of 38 Old 01-20-2014, 05:58 PM

Thanks look forward to seeing what you find..

post #34 of 38 Old 02-01-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeabone View Post

I am also configuring an active L//C/R system. I am leaning towards Adam speakers:

A8x / A77x / A8x - A8x has better low end and more power.

then I ran across a review in Soundandvision about Emotiva Steath 8 http://www.soundandvision.com/content/emotiva-pro-stealth-8-speaker-system. They had 3 of these for the front speakers. I don't have the height room for this so I was considering the A77x :

ES8 / A77x / ES8

Does anyone have any thoughts about the Emotiva speakers?

Thanks,
Eddy

I have a pair of the Stealth 8's. I'm setting up a new media/theater room in my basement and I'll be using the Stealth 8's for R & L main and Stealth 6's for side and rears. I also have a pair of Adam A3x that I may incorporate depending on if I can afford two pair of 6's. So far the Stealth 8 have far exceeded my expectations both sound and quality wise. Having owned many "high end" non powered speakers I will say the Stealth's rank up there with the best...from a fit and finish they could easily cost twice the price...and I'd put them up against the best monitors under $5000. I'm just waiting for Emotiva to put the Stealth 6's back on sale.

Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Emotiva Stealth 8, Adam powered monitors, Epik sub, Oppo DVD, Parts Express 15 sub kit, Epson projector...
post #35 of 38 Old 02-01-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifibuyguy View Post

I have a pair of the Stealth 8's. I'm setting up a new media/theater room in my basement and I'll be using the Stealth 8's for R & L main and Stealth 6's for side and rears. I also have a pair of Adam A3x that I may incorporate depending on if I can afford two pair of 6's. So far the Stealth 8 have far exceeded my expectations both sound and quality wise. Having owned many "high end" non powered speakers I will say the Stealth's rank up there with the best...from a fit and finish they could easily cost twice the price...and I'd put them up against the best monitors under $5000. I'm just waiting for Emotiva to put the Stealth 6's back on sale.

Great! I was hoping for good recommendation like yours! Do you have a center speaker? I'm hoping Emotiva will come out with the ES88 as was predicted... But I may just go ahead and get the A77x. It's a little pricy but from what I've heard, very good indeed....

Thanks,
Eddy
post #36 of 38 Old 02-01-2014, 09:32 PM

I'm trying to wait for the Stealth 88...funny though I'm looking at reviews of the Adam A77x as we speak. I'm not finding any reviews of it being used as a center. Although they look like a typical center they actually are sold as a stereo pair of L and R speakers...the two mid/woofers are crossed over at different levels... so the "lower mid" is to be positioned on the outside of the stereo pair. In the mean time, I'll most likely try a phantom center...or hook up my older Infinity Beta 360 as a center until the 88's become available.

Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Emotiva Stealth 8, Adam powered monitors, Epik sub, Oppo DVD, Parts Express 15 sub kit, Epson projector...
post #37 of 38 Old 02-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Liked: 15
I don't mind saying that I don't understand anything that is happening here.
hifibuyguy likes this.
post #38 of 38 Old 02-03-2014, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by upNdown View Post

I don't mind saying that I don't understand anything that is happening here.

Where did you get lost? What post confused you?

Espo77
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page