Originally Posted by MusicFirst
Do you know the specs on the BG Radia Sound Bar? I was at their site the other day and could not find it. Driver size, sensitivity, power handling, etc.
Though with the LP 13' away in that size room, I believe the OP might be a little "underwhelmed" regardless with which sound bar he chooses....
The BG sound bar is something that they make, but until they have their full lineup ready to release, don't expect to see it on their website yet. They are working on small, medium, and large configs and are going to have the line up and running as soon as they can. They are very talented over there.
- I don't want to speak for them, but I know that for a 60" panel they are going to be limited on width, so look for a driver compliment consisting of the NEO3 tweeters and the 4" Kevlar woofers (like what's found in the IC-201/
- For a 65" panel I think they may be able to get the NEO8 midrange in there as well and engineer it like the CC220 center (only without the 6 1/2" woofers). They are engineering one for our design center and I have somethings I want to run by them regarding drivers, layout, and costing.
In my opinion, I think that the NEO3 and the 4" drivers with some porting would present a clean sound that goes down far enough for a substantial sound. In dealing with BG for the last 7 years I would tell anyone this.... They don't make toys. They make serious gear. I don't think they'll engineer anything that isn't outstanding by their standards. That's just not what they do.
With the wide dispersion of the NEO3 the soundstage will be huge and, since they can handle high levels of power, there's no reason that 13' away from this is not going to sound strong enough.
Keep in mind, pieces like this are primarily used in a family room. Not a dedicated theater or media space where there is room for large in-walls or in-room box speaker. People's wants list typically go like this:
- Looks great without being obtrusive.
- Intelligible volume with spoken dialogue when watching TV or a movie.
- Play comfortably loud enough when having company over without becoming unpleasant.
- Excellent channel separation with a wide stage. Left sounds like the left, Center in the center, Right on the right.
- Loud and clean when turned up for action movies.
- Music Performance when streaming from iPOD, Rhapsody, SONOS, etc.
BG NEO3 along with the capable 4" Kevlar woofers will allow the sound bar to excel at all of this.