Best quality speakers for it's size - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 153 Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 35
If you want something really small, the Paradigm MilleniaOne is probably the highest performing satellite speakers money can buy. They sound pretty much exactly like the rest of Paradigm's Reference speakers minus the bass. IMO, ignoring the bass (because I would never run any bookshelf speaker without a sub), I'm not aware of any speaker for the price of the MilleniaOne's that sound better.

This is what Home Theater has to say
Quote:
Imaging was extraordinary: These speakers could produce a seamless soundfield in 5.1 channels and, the harder trick, a convincing soundstage in 2.1 channels. Off-axis listening gave up only a little of this seemingly miraculous mastery. These speakers could depict objects in space better off axis than most speakers can on axis. Midrange was on the revealing side, though it was richly detailed and voluptuous, not merely thin or hard. And the top end was up there with the best—not just the best satellites, but the best speakers, period.

Sound and Vision shared the same view
Quote:
After an hour, I was convinced that the Paradigm MilleniaOne/MilleniaSub combo is one of the best lifestyle systems I’ve reviewed. And after 4 hours, I was convinced it’s one of the best speaker systems I’ve reviewed.

Home Theater Sound compared the MilleniaOne system to a $16194 Paradigm Signature system
Quote:
The clarity of the Millenia system’s midrange and treble were close to those of the Signatures, but the high frequencies weren’t as silky smooth. For example, though cymbals weren’t splashy with the Millenias, they lacked that sparkling quality exhibited by the Signatures’ wonderful beryllium tweeters. The acoustic guitar on Nils Lofgren’s "Keith Don’t Go" was powerful and dynamic through the Millenias, but the metallic sound of the strings lacked that last touch of refinement and detail that the Signatures deliver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 153 Old 09-14-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 278
$3,000 for the 5.1 millenia satellites package eek.gif

Many times people just don't get how marketing works ,don't always rely on reviews.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos system for rooms/
post #153 of 153 Old 09-14-2013, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

Is ridiculous almost $3,000 for the 5.1 millenia satellites package.

The OP asked for price no object speakers. And frankly, even though it seems ridiculous to pay that much for tiny speakers, the MilleniaOnes are a steal for their price if you consider its sound quality. Replace the $1400 Paradigm sub in that package with a $650 SVS SB12, and it becomes a fantastic sounding $2000 system that few can outperform within the price range.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , Atlantic Technology H Pas Powerbar 235 Powered Home Theater Soundbar

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page